DEAR FAA HR

lowapproach

Epic Member
Oct 29, 2010
WV
For right now, Article 42, Section 13 controls this. While keeping staffing requirements in mind, the FAA is supposed to give you a release date within six months of selection, and if the FAA can't do that, they are supposed to come up with a date which the employee can accept or refuse. Supposedly there's a new MOU coming out soon which controls all aspects of employee relocation, be it an ERR, a bid, a promotion, etc., but we haven't seen it yet.

mikecoyne34

Senior Analyst
Nov 19, 2009
D10
For right now, Article 42, Section 13 controls this. While keeping staffing requirements in mind, the FAA is supposed to give you a release date within six months of selection, and if the FAA can't do that, they are supposed to come up with a date which the employee can accept or refuse. Supposedly there's a new MOU coming out soon which controls all aspects of employee relocation, be it an ERR, a bid, a promotion, etc., but we haven't seen it yet.
i believe that came out on Monday

Reroute

Newcomer
Aug 26, 2015
Two year release dates aren't at all uncommon anymore. I got picked up on a bid and waited 26 months. I know of another guy that was picked up on a supe bid and is waiting almost two years. And we were definitely not critically staffed. I don't know if it's the facilities just getting tired of people transferring out or whatever be the case.

phillyman2633

Epic Member
May 13, 2010
International waters
www.drudgereport.com
It's like the Perfect Storm of factors came together to create the most god-awful HR department in the world, bar-none. Were any of this shit to happen at a company that had to actually balance a budget and serve its stockholders, they probably would have gone under a long time ago...but gubmint, so they keep on trucking.

When you've got people getting turned down on bids because a facility "wants people with radar experience" and then the same facility is taking people out of the Academy...your level of services offered has officially reached the point of can't potato.

Not saying it's necessarily HRs fault...but the shit is coming from somewhere. Someone somewhere is making shit staffing decisions.

NovemberEcho

Epic Member
Dec 8, 2010
Long Island
It's like the Perfect Storm of factors came together to create the most god-awful HR department in the world, bar-none. Were any of this shit to happen at a company that had to actually balance a budget and serve its stockholders, they probably would have gone under a long time ago...but gubmint, so they keep on trucking.

When you've got people getting turned down on bids because a facility "wants people with radar experience" and then the same facility is taking people out of the Academy...your level of services offered has officially reached the point of can't potato.

Not saying it's necessarily HRs fault...but the shit is coming from somewhere. Someone somewhere is making shit staffing decisions.
I think HR has to deal with conflicting demands from management, constantly changing and unsure funding situations, and hiring methods that seem to change every few months. It's unfair to blame the HR reps when they have to wade through that sort of bull.

MJ0730

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
pointsixtyfive.com
I got documentation from the places I bid to that have done this and filed a grievance. I think it's something that could easily be taken up at a higher level, but I'm just a peon.

phillyman2633

Epic Member
May 13, 2010
International waters
www.drudgereport.com
I think HR has to deal with conflicting demands from management, constantly changing and unsure funding situations, and hiring methods that seem to change every few months. It's unfair to blame the HR reps when they have to wade through that sort of bull.
I agree, I doubt it's HRs fault on an individual level, but as a whole, it's completely HR's fault that the process is in shambles (using the term "Human Resources" to define the actual entirety of the process that encompasses staffing).

I got documentation from the places I bid to that have done this and filed a grievance. I think it's something that could easily be taken up at a higher level, but I'm just a peon.
Exactly. Until NATCA decides to take it up on a national level, the FAA won't do shit about it.