Delta Fires Volley At Atlanta Airport

A

Adam

Delta is threatening to reroute some of its connecting traffic from ATL if the airport doubles enplanement charges.

Read More...

Use this thread to discuss the article above. What are your thoughts about: Delta Fires Volley At Atlanta Airport?

SRQ

Jul 25, 2008
Sarasota/Indianapolis
Delta is threatening to reroute some of its connecting traffic from ATL if the airport doubles enplanement charges.

Read More...

Use this thread to discuss the article above. What are your thoughts about: Delta Fires Volley At Atlanta Airport?
It would be an easy move for Delta. They have a lot a extra hub space since they acquired Northwest. For exampla at Memphis.

look_an_airplane

Newcomer
Jan 20, 2009
Lexington, KY
These airports need to realize that they are at the mercy of their customers. I grew up in Cincinnati and always thought that I would transfer to CVG at some point in time, but alas the NW/Delta merger has taken over 30% of their traffic and moved it to DTW. I'm in an adjoining facility and word on the street is that CVG went from working level 11 traffic to 9 traffic. I'm sure they would welcome any connections from Hartsfield, so Atlanta had better be careful or they may end up in the same boat Cincy is in now.

illogical

Oct 4, 2008
orlando
i dont think atl will have trouble maintaining facility level even if some buis was routed to the other hubs..It is the busiest airport in the US (world?) and is only a level 12 because there isnt a higher level....

RobertB

Senior Analyst
Aug 18, 2008
i dont think atl will have trouble maintaining facility level even if some buis was routed to the other hubs..It is the busiest airport in the US (world?) and is only a level 12 because there isnt a higher level....
If Delta leaves, another airline will replace it and start at a hub at ATL. Hartsfield is the busiest airport in the world and is more like a 14 or 15 when comparing it to some other level 12s...