Denver Center - ZDV

c11anderson

May 6, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
This is not the career for you if you are thinking of entering it with all these demands and requirements.
lol idk if you were referencing me but alls I said was I wanted to live somewhere secluded.. I didn't DEMAND anything. I actually couldn't give the slightest shit where I go so long as it's not New York.

jilkm77

Newcomer
Feb 22, 2016
This is not the career for you if you are thinking of entering it with all these demands and requirements.
Demands AND requirements? I was just asking what my chances were of ending up in Longmont or Denver.

How many locations are there in Denver that I could potentially work? Just the airport or are there other centers outside the airport? Anyone?

Purplelobj

Epic Member
Jan 29, 2014
Demands AND requirements? I was just asking what my chances were of ending up in Longmont or Denver.

How many locations are there in Denver that I could potentially work? Just the airport or are there other centers outside the airport? Anyone?
The tower and TRACON are separate facilities located at or right next to the airport. the center is in Longmont. Centennial has a FAA tower, as does Aspen. Those are the closest to Denver.

NovemberEcho

Epic Member
Dec 8, 2010
Long Island

Use your wizard powers.

rocketappliance

Jun 4, 2015

Being a new hire, you wouldn't be eligible for DEN or D01 (TRACON)...around Denver, as others mentioned, your options would be ZDV (center), BJC, or APA (not sure if they take new hires).

airkiwi

Sep 28, 2008
Wait wait wait. You mean there's a female at the very beginning of an ATC career who has unrealistic expectations about placement, schedule, and other facets of the job? Maybe a smidge of self-entitlement?

Congratulations! DO NOT PASS GO. DO NOT COLLECT $200. Proceed directly to being an FLM!

chkwheelsdwn

Jun 8, 2009
Osan AFB, Korea
I'm at the center. This is def the best spot in the faa. Your 15 minutes from the mountains and only an hour and 45 for the best riding in the states. Hiking fishing you name it and this place has it.