Denver Center - ZDV

ksplatt4488

Feb 4, 2014
NC
I worked at Ellsworth, SD, and the people there seemed friendly. But then again, FAA controllers probably go "awe, look at the little USAF controllers..."

tegsr94

Newcomer
Sep 8, 2009
Been a while since anyone posted in here. I've been trying to ERR to ZDV for about 4 years and haven't given up! Looks like the opportunity may present itself soon. Occasionally glancing at Realtor.com, it seems like the housing market has been out of control there for a couple years now. My wife and I really like the Louisville, Lafayatte area but the homes are just too much now. Does anyone actually live in Longmont and how do you like it? Are there any controllers up in the Lyons/Estes park area? We would be interested in that area as well, but a little concerned about the commute esspecially in the winter.

scope dope

the worst cpc you know
Feb 20, 2009
Yep. Houses are expensive. Welcome to CO.
Very few live up in Lyons or further. Berthoud seems to be where people are going now. Longmont is nice but expensive and getting crowded. Mead, firestone and out east are cheaper as is erie. Lousisville and Lafayette are probably on par with longmont prices. The closer you get to boulder, the more expensive it gets.

tegsr94

Newcomer
Sep 8, 2009
Thanks for the response Scope Dope. Do you work out at the center? Can you tell me a little about the different areas in the center? I've heard there are 6 areas and one area is all high and one all low. Thats about all I know. Are the others a balanced mix of highs and lows? Thanks.

scope dope

the worst cpc you know
Feb 20, 2009
Thanks for the response Scope Dope. Do you work out at the center? Can you tell me a little about the different areas in the center? I've heard there are 6 areas and one area is all high and one all low. Thats about all I know. Are the others a balanced mix of highs and lows? Thanks.
area 1 is all 260 and below. area 4 is all 270 and above. The rest have hi and low. A3 probably has the best mix.