Denver Center - ZDV

zdvnoob

Newcomer
Nov 26, 2009
here's what you guys have to look forward to when you arrive.

first pics are the center high and low maps, you'll label those, then do your area specific maps, then you'll do your area high/lo again in stage 3 with a few more additions.

I included some area one, area 5, area 4... enjoy.
if you get area one good luck :)
the last 3 are area one's low I believe, he has them bigger and split up.

Attachments

RdRunnr12

Epic Member
May 10, 2009
How's the training going there? Ya'll still pretty backed up? There's quite a few of us with TOL's waiting to get in. Hope it's going well!

jarhead0863

Trusted Member
Mar 28, 2009
I just spoke with one of the FLM's at ZDV and they said that they are not taking anyone else until October. They also said that training to CPC is around 3 years right now.

RdRunnr12

Epic Member
May 10, 2009
I just spoke with one of the FLM's at ZDV and they said that they are not taking anyone else until October. They also said that training to CPC is around 3 years right now.
Did you interpret that to mean that they won't send anyone to OKC until then or that they won't be selecting at panels until then?

Lunchbox and I are already selected, waiting on a class date........still!!

lunchbox

Asst to Regional Manager
Jun 2, 2009
Port Orange, FL
You know, I was just thinking about that. Did they mean arrive by October or send to OKC by then... It sounds like arrive at ZDV. Well, that's how I want to interpret it. Ignorance is bliss.

jarhead0863

Trusted Member
Mar 28, 2009
This is what was said in the e-mail:

"We are not planning to hire any more controllers this fiscal year but that will pick up again in October."

IMO, I think they meant that they are not selecting anymore until October. Did you already get your TOL? Also, did you contact the facility?

RdRunnr12

Epic Member
May 10, 2009
We both have our TOL's. We've had them since June/july/august of '09...somewhere around there. There's actually about 10 of us (ZDV TOL holders) that are still waiting for spots to open up in OKC.

I've contacted the training manager and the next one down regarding when we might go. He only said that HR handles all of that.

jarhead0863

Trusted Member
Mar 28, 2009
We both have our TOL's. We've had them since June/july/august of '09...somewhere around there. There's actually about 10 of us (ZDV TOL holders) that are still waiting for spots to open up in OKC.

I've contacted the training manager and the next one down regarding when we might go. He only said that HR handles all of that.
Dang that sucks man, but good luck!

I sent you a PM.

Rosstafari

Daaaang.
Aug 17, 2008
/X
If you fools get into Denver before I get into Seattle, I'ma leave a burning bag of poo on your doorsteps.

Rosstafari

Daaaang.
Aug 17, 2008
/X
He called the shit poo! hahahahaha
Two poos for you. What, you too good to :jester::jester::jester::jester::jester: yourself all over SM these days because you got a big fancy job? Huh? HUH? First Tower and then you... lunch, Cirrus and I are getting lonely, rattling around here on our own.

Edit: Wtf, w.hore is edited out but poo isn't? gah

jholw311

Trusted Contributor
May 27, 2009
PARKER, COLORADO
I am from South Denver (Highlands Ranch/Castle Rock) area. I went to school in Fort Collins..my question is where do most controllers live if they are working at ZDV? I know Highlands Ranch and Parker are too far out...and I really don't want to move up to the Fort again... what nice areas are around Longmont..I would like to avoid Brighton like the plague. Thanks ( my wife and I are hoping we can get back to Colorado and want to start looking for houses) Thanks

scope dope

the worst cpc you know
Feb 20, 2009
I am from South Denver (Highlands Ranch/Castle Rock) area. I went to school in Fort Collins..my question is where do most controllers live if they are working at ZDV? I know Highlands Ranch and Parker are too far out...and I really don't want to move up to the Fort again... what nice areas are around Longmont..I would like to avoid Brighton like the plague. Thanks ( my wife and I are hoping we can get back to Colorado and want to start looking for houses) Thanks
a lot live around longmont. then moving outwards to erie, mead, ft fun, then to somewhere like broomfield/thornton/westminster and out in boulder. With the quick turns and mids living close has a lot of advantages.

scope dope

the worst cpc you know
Feb 20, 2009
You know, I was just thinking about that. Did they mean arrive by October or send to OKC by then... It sounds like arrive at ZDV. Well, that's how I want to interpret it. Ignorance is bliss.
they won't send you to class until FY 2011, so to okc after october if that's the plan (and that's inline with what i've heard as well)

ppxatcs

Rookie
Feb 8, 2009
Reno, NV
Training is not backed up at ZDV anymore. (could happen again when eram training comes back) I was under the impression when I arrived that I would have to wait a long time to get through training but that has not been the case. The bad news is non-radar is pass/fail again. You can look forward to a couple very stressful weeks of that. Good luck to you guys waiting for class dates. I am sure there are no more for FY2010. But hopefully first of FY2011.