Denver Center - ZDV

gmanatc97

Rookie
May 3, 2010
Montgomery AL
Just out of curiosity, whats the chance of an ERR getting picked up at ZDV?
I am a CPC in NC at a TRACON/Tower and looking to get back to the Denver area, so I am considering ALL my possibilities.

scope dope

the worst cpc you know
Feb 20, 2009
Just out of curiosity, whats the chance of an ERR getting picked up at ZDV?
I am a CPC in NC at a TRACON/Tower and looking to get back to the Denver area, so I am considering ALL my possibilities.
Probably worth a try, I heard they picked up some tower guys but haven't met any of them. Some of the areas are pretty short.

gmanatc97

Rookie
May 3, 2010
Montgomery AL
I am considering doing a FDT trip to come out and do a visit next month. I'll have to bring some ERR paperwork with me. Who is the NATCA Rep out there, anybody know?

BravoUniform

Rookie
Jan 15, 2012
Ventura, California
I was wondering if there is someone who is currently working at ZDV (yes stupid question for on here) that would be will to answer a few questions that I have about the facility. Thank you it would be greatly appreciated!

gmanatc97

Rookie
May 3, 2010
Montgomery AL
So I see there is an internal Sup bid out for ZDV. Does that mean there will be a controller spot opening up? Or is there enough DEV being checked out that the staffing levels are on par? I see a couple of people being given class dates for this year. Still wondering if my ERR paperwork (submitted 1 FEB) is a waste of time.

I will be visiting ZDV on MAR 1st. I hope to make a good impression.

Last edited:

GeorgeM

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2008
CO
So I see there is an internal Sup bid out for ZDC. Does that mean there will be a controller spot opening up? Or is there enough DEV being checked out that the staffing levels are on par? I see a couple of people being given class dates for this year. Still wondering if my ERR paperwork (submitted 1 FEB) is a waste of time.

I will be visiting ZDC on MAR 1st. I hope to make a good impression.
Thanks for the info, but just how does that relate to the Denver Center thread?

AirColorado

Newcomer
Jul 6, 2012
Colorado
It seems I have forgotten my login info so had to establish a new account here... I work at ZDV - manager type. We have 15 selected off our ERR list at the moment. We'll likely select a few more later this fall. As far as new hires, my best guess is to look for us to pick up another 10 to 12 this fall as well.

Also, I noticed earlier in this thread some dissing of the Training manager - we have a fairly new guy up there now and he's serious about getting folks through the program with minimal delay (no it's not me).

NovaZDC

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2009
Would ZDV be adverse to picking up experienced reinstatements lol...had to ask.

gmanatc97

Rookie
May 3, 2010
Montgomery AL
Are the majority of people getting picked up off the ERR list coming from other Centers? I am currently working at a Terminal Tower/TRACON, just want to know what my chances of getting picked up are. I talked to the NATCA rep and visited the facility in Oct, left with a good feeling, but have not heard anything.

scope dope

the worst cpc you know
Feb 20, 2009
Are the majority of people getting picked up off the ERR list coming from other Centers? I am currently working at a Terminal Tower/TRACON, just want to know what my chances of getting picked up are. I talked to the NATCA rep and visited the facility in Oct, left with a good feeling, but have not heard anything.
my world view is really narrow.. but the 4 people I "know of" coming in, they're all from other centers. We're losing them to other facilities just as quick as they bring them in it seems.

gmanatc97

Rookie
May 3, 2010
Montgomery AL
Thanks for the update. Its too bad they are only pulling from other centers, I would stay for at least the next 10 years. I really need to get back to the Denver area for family reasons. Guess I'll just keep trying and waiting. Thanks again.

jbseal

Apr 13, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
This thread has been quiet for a while, unfortunately. Any news on staffing levels and the amount of trainees being needed in the near future at ZDV? I've been trying to contact someone at ZDV for some info, but so far I've had no success.

March '12 selection
June '12 TOL