Denver TRACON - D01

NoGyro

Aug 6, 2008
Any updates on D01? How are things these days? Staffing? Training? Did they end up splitting controllers off onto specific tracks (Arrivals vs Departures) ?

dotcomgirl

Rookie
Jun 19, 2008
Any updates on D01? How are things these days? Staffing? Training? Did they end up splitting controllers off onto specific tracks (Arrivals vs Departures) ?
Staffing is back to "normal". Roughly 35 arrival controllers and 35 departure controllers for 2014. Yes, the room is split. Departure controllers work the four departure positions with their associated satellite positions as well as final and monitor. Arrival controllers work the arrival (feeder) positions, Grand Junction, Pueblo, as well as final and monitor. Training has gotten less (thank god) with about 1 trainee per set of days off right now.

Things are about the same as they have been for the past few years (aka continuously headed downhill). Many people want to bid out.

Last edited:

jgoebel

Newcomer
Feb 15, 2014
Anyone know if selections for the recent bid are being made yet? I'm not holding my breath since I'm pretty sure my paperwork looks like it was done by a four year old. But, it would be nice to stop wondering if I made the cut or not.

Aferggy

Trusted Contributor
Feb 8, 2014
TimbucTOOOOOO
Anyone know if selections for the recent bid are being made yet? I'm not holding my breath since I'm pretty sure my paperwork looks like it was done by a four year old. But, it would be nice to stop wondering if I made the cut or not.
Im almost 100% sure the second someone get contacted there will be a new thread about it. Just stay posted and check the site at least once a day.

airkiwi

Sep 28, 2008
120 applied and they were able to pick up 10. Selections were made last week, with none of the 10 coming from centers. Those selected should be notified within the next two weeks.

FM_Weasel

Senior Analyst
Dec 9, 2008
Splitting a facility into specialties, I understand, especially with larger facilities. But, how does it work with people getting checked out on just departures, or just arrivals? Is there tension between the two sides about which is more difficult? Can you certify on all positions if you want to? If so, I'm guessing you're still paid the same?

zochness

Newcomer
Apr 13, 2011
AMA
I toured back in April, they do have an arrival and departure + satellite (IIRC) split. That day it was super windy so a straight north flow with no east-west movement meant the departure guys were all super bored and the arrival side was working real hard.

Purplelobj

Epic Member
Jan 29, 2014
Does anyone have any info on Denver TRACON? What is the working environment like? It there a lot of trainees? General time to certification from CPC-IT

Bogier6

Jul 9, 2010
Looking for details on their staffing, facility morale, training program, etc. feel free to pm me of you don't want to chat here!