Depression

TC111

Newcomer
Jan 28, 2019
Have any certified ATCs on this forum gone through the process of being diagnosed with depression and later getting recleared to return to work?

wojo88

Newcomer
Feb 25, 2014
ZDC
I did in 1994. Ended up with a prescription for Paxil which disqualified me. Hated the drug's side effects and got off of them after about 1 month. Saw a psychologist during this and he wrote a report that cleared me for duty shortly thereafter. I then got medically cleared and returned to duty but for the rest of my career, I was listed as having a "special consideration" on my medical clearance and would occassionally receive a letter from the RFS advising me of this.

ColinGill

Newcomer
Jun 21, 2020
I did in 1994. Ended up with a prescription for Paxil which disqualified me. Hated the drug's side effects and got off of them after about 1 month. Saw a psychologist during this and he wrote a report that cleared me for duty shortly thereafter. I then got medically cleared and returned to duty but for the rest of my career, I was listed as having a "special consideration" on my medical clearance and would occassionally receive a letter from the RFS advising me of this.
Hmm, thanks for your answers, but what should I do if I can’t cope with depression. This has been going on for a long time and I want to return to normal life, but I only sleep, eat and suffer from life failures. My boss even promised that he would fire me soon and I certainly would not survive this. Is there really no cure to get rid of depression ?? I just don't believe it! I was recommended Kratom, but I'm afraid to use it because I do not know about its side effects. What do you think about this? Should I try to be treated with TGM kratom powder.

Last edited:

Alirrath

Rookie
Jun 17, 2014
Aside from the ad above, if you're feeling depressed, go exercise. The endorphins make you feel incredible and you feel better about yourself. It's hard to get up to do anything when you're feeling low, but you have to force yourself to do it.

webbGX

Newcomer
Sep 9, 2020
I did it three separate times in my career. It helped immensely that I had really understanding managers. Having dealt with this since I was a teen, you absolutely have to make this your number one priority. I tried Kratom and found it to provide only a short term effect, as in a few days. Ketamine holds promise, and I have no idea how that plays into your medical, although I am sure it will. The rule on antidepressants is (at least this is what they told me) you have to be off of them the same number of days as you were on them to get your medical back.

kingsizexx

Newcomer
Nov 12, 2020
Meditation and only can help u get out of any stress. When you start meditation, all the external non-mattering factors, which is always the cause of all your depressions, fears, anxieties and other negative emotions, you start to drift apart from them and start observing the real world, the real perspective, the real life, the real you. I had the same thing, but nothing could help me as my anxiety got to physical state, and I couldn't even stay 5 minutes chilled. I started to buy kratom with credit card online, which helped to calm my nervous system, and since then I'm always calmed, thanks to kratom and meditation.

Last edited: