Detroit TRACON - D21

Purplelobj

Epic Member
Jan 29, 2014
Gotcha.

I was on leave at the end of October, when there was a little test run of this, but it didn't last long, eh? I was gone for a week and a half, get back, get caught up on my MBI's, and one says..."Mizar at 110", then the next one said to go back to normal ops? haha I think Chicago was having a hard time getting their streams a little lower for these guys to make Mizar at 110.
That is what we were told as well, although I too somehow managed to not work it.

MI ATC

Rookie
Jun 9, 2014
Put in an ERR. Thaybis the new preferred method of moving.
I have one in but my facility staffing won't allow me to be selected for probably a few years with a year release date after that. A bid is pretty much my only chance.

Purplelobj

Epic Member
Jan 29, 2014
I believe the intent of the new national release policy is so that very facilities will actually have bids. Majority of the movement nationwide will be via ERR and bids will only supplement facilities that do not get enough ERRs to fill their need. Either way, you would be subject to the national release policy.

Purplelobj

Epic Member
Jan 29, 2014
Something like 40 new procedures went into effect last week. Going fairly well so far. Morale is not the greatest at present... Looks like mandatory six day weeks starting in Jan

Last edited:

corn4ahead

Oct 3, 2012
Something like 40 new procedures went into effect last week. Going fairly well so far. Morale is not the greatest at present... Looks like mandatory six day weeks starting in Jan

How long is that expected to last? That does not sound ideal.

Purplelobj

Epic Member
Jan 29, 2014
If the plan is to staff for triple ILS approaches, a long time. They are already below national average for staffing and will be looking to increase the number of needed controllers due to increased daily staffing to run triple instruments.

FoggyWindow

Trusted Contributor
Feb 18, 2011
Los Santos Intl Airport
I'm at ZHU but from Michigan. Would like to get back home. Hows the staffing and work conditions at D21? Whats the training time like for a CPC IT? Any idea on next bids for D21?

Purplelobj

Epic Member
Jan 29, 2014
I'm at ZHU but from Michigan. Would like to get back home. Hows the staffing and work conditions at D21? Whats the training time like for a CPC IT? Any idea on next bids for D21?
Staffing numbers are not good... Bid any NCEPT and they'll happily take you