DOD offer locality

atcbrownie

Trusted Contributor
Jun 14, 2008
Warrenton Va
you get atc premium pay which takes place of locality pay and at least for the AF you get 25% for tower and 30% for RAPCON, I believe.

DOD_ATC

Jun 15, 2008
Chicago, IL
Do you receive locality pay for DOD ATC positions or is it only the GS-pay salary that you get?
Most DOD facilities receive a "Special Salary Rate" (SSR) in lieu of a locality payment (regardless of location, in CONUS). For approach control facilities the SSR is 30%, non-approach control facilities the SSR is 25%. DOD ATCers also get the 5% AT pay incentive in addition to SSR.

ATCBOY

Trusted Member
Jun 16, 2008
Screwston
man im going to work for who ever calls first lol. I have been offered a position in Maryland ATC related. I really want to take it but we will see how it goes. Are u about done with Training Mr. TX?

Mr.Texas

Mod
Jun 15, 2008
man im going to work for who ever calls first lol. I have been offered a position in Maryland ATC related. I really want to take it but we will see how it goes. Are u about done with Training Mr. TX?
66.6% of the way through my facility. I have some ERR's out though to H-town.

Jun 18, 2008
Hey whats up ATC BOY and TX and everyone else. Im giving you all big shout out from Afghani land. Im nearing my 36 BDay..34 now so im really trying to land a DOD job before im too old. Ive put my resume in with USA JOBS and with the Navy, havent had any luck with the Army sites....for some reason these computers here block the employment portion of the Army site. Any other suggestions..should i be calling these facilities myself...i honestly would take anything...at least to get my foot in the door. I would appreciate any and all input...thanks in advance.