Dogs At the Academy

bman61490

Nov 5, 2016
So I've searched around and cant seem to find answers on this. Does anyone here have experience with bringing their dog with them to OKC?

If so,
Where To stay?
Was it actually fair to the dog or did you feel to busy?
And any other information you feel relevant. I've only received my TOL so far but need to make preparations to make sure she is cared for just in case. Thanks for your help.

rdyotz

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2014
Arizona
I had my dog for part of the time. I stayed at Anatole(less than 10 minutes away), which would allow me time to run home at lunch. You definitely stay busy though (between class, studying, and forming group relationship), so making time for the dog can be a little hard. Obviously, a lot depends on the dog - some are more needy than others.

Romeo_Echo

Aug 17, 2015
FL
I start class next week and will be taking my dog. I chose to stay at Anatole because of the close location to the academy and it is a fairly new apartment complex. However, the pet fee and deposit is $900. When I called Kim's for reservations, she said she had to find a roommate that would be ok with having a dog and I did not want to deal with that. IB had a reasonable price for pet deposit but too many negative reviews on Yelp turned me away. I'll let you know how it goes in a month. Congrats on the TOL

nygiants0126

Rookie
Jul 5, 2017
I start class next week and will be taking my dog. I chose to stay at Anatole because of the close location to the academy and it is a fairly new apartment complex. However, the pet fee and deposit is $900. When I called Kim's for reservations, she said she had to find a roommate that would be ok with having a dog and I did not want to deal with that. IB had a reasonable price for pet deposit but too many negative reviews on Yelp turned me away. I'll let you know how it goes in a month. Congrats on the TOL
Did you end up bringing your dog? How'd it go?