dress code - shoes

airxjordan

Newcomer
Jun 19, 2008
would some van slip-ons be acceptable to wear to work? they're considered a "casual" shoe and not really "athletic".
Here's a picture for reference for those that are not familar:

Vermil

Newcomer
Jun 17, 2008
I have a couple pairs of shoes similar to those and I haven't heard any complaints.

Matty13

Jun 16, 2008
We had a kid who was told not to wear Vans and he tried to fight it like he was Rosa Parks. Too much trouble. You could always just wear them and see if anyone says anything- the dress code is locally interpreted and enforced.... Maybe bring a second pair along so you don't have to use leave to go home and get a new pair of kicks.

Roddy_Piper

Resident Knucklehead
Jun 15, 2008
Vegas baby
www.myspace.com
i was sent home twice for wearing leather skeechers with an athletic looking sole. so, if u were at zoa u would get sent home for that. it all depends on your PHLEGM. i would think the answer is no though. push the envelope and wear it...let us know what happens.

A

Adam

I really don't think crocs would be appropriate...they are like a glorified sandal. What I don't understand is that so many people made a big deal out of this new dress code...like they were having their lives stripped away...A lot of these people that complained were wearing flip flops and tank tops...or whatever else they wanted to wear to work.

There is a paragraph in the 7210 that has been in there long before the white book went into effect. To paraphrase it says: "Dress in an appropriate manner for conducting government business." I'm just curious when flip flops and tank tops were ever appropriate for conducting government business.

I don't mind the casual wear at all. Wouldn't mind on the weekend having the dress code slack off a bit, but other than that, I'm fine with it.

Towerboss

Future Former Controller
Jun 14, 2008
Houston, Texas
I really don't think crocs would be appropriate...they are like a glorified sandal. What I don't understand is that so many people made a big deal out of this new dress code...like they were having their lives stripped away...A lot of these people that complained were wearing flip flops and tank tops...or whatever else they wanted to wear to work.

There is a paragraph in the 7210 that has been in there long before the white book went into effect. To paraphrase it says: "Dress in an appropriate manner for conducting government business." I'm just curious when flip flops and tank tops were ever appropriate for conducting government business.

I don't mind the casual wear at all. Wouldn't mind on the weekend having the dress code slack off a bit, but other than that, I'm fine with it.
:agree: except "I did have a dream" about showing up in my flip flops, Hawaiian shirt, and board shorts.

A

Adam

Totally off the subject...but since you mentioned "I had a dream..." I saw this fat black lady with a black t-shirt on yesterday and on the back of the t-shirt it said in big white letters: "I am the dream" I cracked up!

ATC@LWSK

Newcomer
Jun 21, 2008
Skopje, Macedonia
Oops, just tried to open the link at work, and I received the same message. I probably have it at home in my cashe memory, so I'll try later to save the pictures and upload them on the forum.
It's actually pictures of controllers obey-ing the dresscode when it was enforced back in '06, but in a funny way. You'll see.

ATC@LWSK

Matty13

Jun 16, 2008
what about crocs????? does anyone wear or know anyone who wears these shoes????
Sorry, but anyone wearing crocs should not be sent home- they should be sent to the nearest shoestore. Wherever they go, they shouldn't be in public....:D

denmfu

Newcomer
Jun 22, 2008
I don't mind the dress code. I am comfortable in some casual khakis and a pair of plain black skechers, but I would love to come to work on Saturday with some shorts and sandals on.

It pisses me off that women can get away with wearing anything including sandals if it has a heal, even if it is only a millimeter.