Drug Test/marijuana in a Legalized State

skysquawk

Newcomer
Apr 18, 2017
I don't know if this question has been asked yet, but what is the policy regarding recreational marijuana use? I have a medical scheduled and a drug test following shortly. I have been a daily smoker for almost 16 years (now in a legal state) and I have no plans to stop. I have been able to get a clear answer on whether or not this is a big deal (and reality check for all the haters... it shouldn't)

Lacybandita

Rookie
Aug 23, 2016
Since it is still federally illegal and you are applying for a federal job I'm gonna say you better stop asap

SayAgain3

Trusted Member
Feb 13, 2017
0% chance you get hired if you test positive. I know of a former controller who quit a year after certifying just so they could use marijuana again.

Gooky2

Rookie
Aug 19, 2016
Start to look for another career. I won't even get into the other issues you don't want to hear.

skysquawk

Newcomer
Apr 18, 2017
Start to look for another career. I won't even get into the other issues you don't want to hear.
what is that even supposed to mean? i dont understand why you would be so underhanded when you could be clear and direct. would hate to see you trying to coordinate air traffic with that sort of vaguery...

sizziano

Aug 17, 2016
When is the test? If it's less then a month away you're screwed even if you stopped today.

skysquawk

Newcomer
Apr 18, 2017
When is the test? If it's less then a month away you're screwed even if you stopped today.
I am not stopping just considering using detox or a piss kit. I am honestly surprised they would even test for weed at a facility in my state. I think this sort of discrimination is retarded

sizziano

Aug 17, 2016
I am not stopping just considering using detox or a piss kit. I am honestly surprised they would even test for weed at a facility in my state. I think this sort of discrimination is retarded
As mentioned previously it's a federal position. MJ (for whatever reason) is still a schedule 1 controlled substance, you will not be hired if you test positive.

phillyman2633

Epic Member
May 13, 2010
International waters
www.drudgereport.com
I have been a daily smoker for almost 16 years (now in a legal state) and I have no plans to stop. I have been able to get a clear answer on whether or not this is a big deal (and reality check for all the haters... it shouldn't)
Not arguing whether or not it should be legal, because I agree that it should be legal, but if you have no plans to stop then you can plan on finding another career path, cuz this one ain't for you lmao.

skysquawk

Newcomer
Apr 18, 2017
As mentioned previously it's a federal position. MJ (for whatever reason) is still a schedule 1 controlled substance, you will not be hired if you test positive.
Federal position but I am not gonna work or live in DC... Federal laws do not take precedent on airports hosted on state soil

sizziano

Aug 17, 2016
Federal position but I am not gonna work or live in DC... Federal laws do not take precedent on airports hosted on state soil
You will be a federal employee. Doesn't matter where you work. If you have proof that indicates otherwise please link.

fhptoatc

Nov 2, 2016
The world isn't always going to cater to your beliefs and right now the Feds say that all marijuana use is illegal. Also because it's a depressant, even if it were legal, you wouldn't be able to be control aircraft while under its influence. MJ, or ATC take your pick.