Drug Test/marijuana in a Legalized State

sizziano

Aug 17, 2016
The world isn't always going to cater to your beliefs and right now the Feds say that all marijuana use is illegal. Also because it's a depressant, even if it were legal, you wouldn't be able to be control aircraft while under its influence. MJ, or ATC take your pick.
You can't control while under the influence of alcohol (duh) for the same reasons.

ajmezz

Epic Member
Apr 8, 2010
Oh Jesus. Do everyone a favor and just continue smoking and then take the test.

skysquawk

Newcomer
Apr 18, 2017
The world isn't always going to cater to your beliefs and right now the Feds say that all marijuana use is illegal. Also because it's a depressant, even if it were legal, you wouldn't be able to be control aircraft while under its influence. MJ, or ATC take your pick.
Sounds like someone has only ever smoked ditched weed or non-hybrid indicas all there life. Sativa strains (non-hybrid) are absolutely NOT depressing and I dont care what you read on Wikipedia that has told you otherwise. I have almost 600 hours logged and I havent been "sober" by your puritan definition for a single god damned one of them. So you want to tell me again whether or not pot can let you fly a plane?

Gooky2

Rookie
Aug 19, 2016
Oh Jesus. Do everyone a favor and just continue smoking and then take the test.
Best comment of the thread and mine was pretty good too. OP, seriously, this career is not for you with your beliefs. Whether you think the federal laws are right or wrong makes no difference. Big brother has his mind made up and that's that.

fhptoatc

Nov 2, 2016
Sounds like someone has only ever smoked ditched weed or non-hybrid indicas all there life. Sativa strains (non-hybrid) are absolutely NOT depressing and I dont care what you read on Wikipedia that has told you otherwise. I have almost 600 hours logged and I havent been "sober" by your puritan definition for a single god damned one of them. So you want to tell me again whether or not pot can let you fly a plane?
my source = 8 years as a law enforcement officer so idgaf about your homegrown justification

SayAgain3

Trusted Member
Feb 13, 2017
I am not stopping just considering using detox or a piss kit. I am honestly surprised they would even test for weed at a facility in my state. I think this sort of discrimination is retarded
It's a public safety position. You will get randomly drug tested throughout your career. If you have a significant event, you will be detained until drug testers arrive. It seems like your mind is made up with regards to what is more important in your life.

AirNaji

Nov 4, 2016
It's a public safety position. You will get randomly drug tested throughout your career. If you have a significant event, you will be detained until drug testers arrive. It seems like your mind is made up with regards to what is more important in your life.
This.

At an rate, how could you be comfortable being responsible for the safety of an entire aircraft and its passengers under the influence of anything? Sounds a bit selfish and reckless if you ask me.

DKT523

Nov 1, 2016
Charlotte, NC
If this is for real, and you're within the age requirements, you claim you've been smoking since your were 15-16 years old. I suggest maybe start a grow op, or work for a dispensary. A job as serious as ATC is not for you. I'm all for legalization, recreational and medicinal. Yes, it sucks that controllers can go home and drink their faces off and come to work the next days sober, but a controller can't go home and smoke some pot to unwind. However, that is the federal law. As a federal employee, you have to follow the federal rules. If you are that dependent on MJ, I don't think you'll even pass the medical, let alone the drug test. Literally thousands of lives will be in your hands. Why risk it? I hope you're trolling

jnlob2

Jan 11, 2017
I don't know if this question has been asked yet, but what is the policy regarding recreational marijuana use? I have a medical scheduled and a drug test following shortly. I have been a daily smoker for almost 16 years (now in a legal state) and I have no plans to stop. I have been able to get a clear answer on whether or not this is a big deal (and reality check for all the haters... it shouldn't)
Daily smoking for 16 years and no plans to stop.
This troll thread made my day. Thanks for the lolz

Jay_MDB

Rookie
Jul 12, 2016
Ive been doing crystal meth since i was 9, think the FAA will mind?
Nah man, you good. With the staffing problems, they need people at work as much as possible. Keep a good supply with you and you'll control for days.