En Route Info

phmmartinez

Rookie
Sep 10, 2013
Yeah 43 is all pre tax. The academy pay is 600 a paycheck after tax, plus 97 some odd dollars a day tax free for per diem

Arthurfrancis2

Jan 11, 2017
I got all my paperwork submitted and I am all clear. I just need my start date.
I was wondering some good advice for a person going En Route. A lot of the stuff I see on this board seems to be out dated. Main thing I would like to know is how much you get paid while in school?
What bid? God that was fast

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Jbalman9

Newcomer
Jan 23, 2018
Where did you sign up for the academy having troubles finding it? New to this! Trying to get my submission in!

bayoumudd92

Oct 25, 2016
Stockton, CA
Where did you sign up for the academy having troubles finding it? New to this! Trying to get my submission in!
You say youre trying to apply to be an ATC? In the United States you have to wait for a Bid too open on USA jobs .com. Don't get too anxious if youre just getting here. Were a few months away from the next bid and then time from applying to the which is open for a week and then arriving to the academy is 10-25 months in many cases. Bids typically receive 10-30k applicants 1200-1600 typically get offer letters.

Jbalman9

Newcomer
Jan 23, 2018
Appreciate it. I know about the usajobs.com just new to this stuckmic just figured it’d help me out. And keep me updated. Thought I read the bid has opened up.

Babs85

Nov 9, 2016
PIT
Wow why would they even start a new bid then? That is so crazy

It wouldn't make sense to hold off an entire bid because a small group from a prior bid are still waiting on clearances. They keep it flowing and eventually those who are still waiting will get their FOL.

Arthurfrancis2

Jan 11, 2017
It wouldn't make sense to hold off an entire bid because a small group from a prior bid are still waiting on clearances. They keep it flowing and eventually those who are still waiting will get their FOL.
Ohhhhhhhhhh okay I didn't know they were waiting on clearances. So if you prior military the process could possibly be faster?

32andBelow

Senior Analyst
Jan 20, 2011
Ohhhhhhhhhh okay I didn't know they were waiting on clearances. So if you prior military the process could possibly be faster?

the longest part of the process is getting a medical for most people.

Babs85

Nov 9, 2016
PIT

No, not really. There have been a few that I noticed on here who are prior military and still waiting on medical.

Papa_Yankme

Sep 17, 2013

Nah most people get blocked up in the medical clearance portion. Prior military still has to get a clearance from the FAA.