Enroute Map and Non-Radar Problems

deanoatc

Newcomer
Nov 26, 2010
Fishkill, NY
I am a CTI grad. I went terminal, but now the FAA is sending me enroute. I don't know what to expect. Its all ATC but i hear enroute is way different.

deltabravo89

Senior Analyst
Mar 11, 2010
I am a CTI grad. I went terminal, but now the FAA is sending me enroute. I don't know what to expect. Its all ATC but i hear enroute is way different.
Same thing happened to me. It's different, but it's still fun. Well, non radar kinda blows, but radar should be fun!

MTSUCTI

Apr 7, 2011
What part of the map do they give you for the test? I am sure this question has been asked an answered many times. Sorry I just could not find it on here.

RomeoNovember

Senior Analyst
Sep 26, 2009
USA
Can someone please PDF the non-radar map and post on here. I was told there is a colored map somewhere. Thanks!

turbovela

Aug 17, 2009
I have an updated map and 2 scenarios worth of strips. These are what we use here at UND, and I have permission from the instructor to post on here for anyone that may wonder. Enjoy!

P.S I will try to find the last two scenarios for non radar on the school drive.
Thanks for this non radar update....awesome stuff.

JackHGoldsberry

Newcomer
Dec 12, 2011
going to ZFW..OKC IN January..need enroute aero center map. will pay for shipping...PLEASE help!!! will pay shipping or tell me where I can find it!
Thanks, Jack Goldsberry

deltabravo89

Senior Analyst
Mar 11, 2010
The map is the least of your worries at aero center. You have plenty of time to memorize it in OKC.

kindaradley

Rookie
Mar 9, 2011
Middle of nowhere
going to ZFW..OKC IN January..need enroute aero center map. will pay for shipping...PLEASE help!!! will pay shipping or tell me where I can find it!
Thanks, Jack Goldsberry
I've got them, but I won't send them to anyone. You'll have more than enough time to review them and study them... they've got the maps on CD that you can take home and learn on the computer, and you'll have instruction on all the airspace. Just relax and just take the Academy one lesson at a time. I started to work on it when I got down there and then stopped, and was able to memorize the entire thing from scratch in less than 72 hours. It's REALLY REALLY easy, and very "dumbed" down.

Just wait until you get to your center... THEN the panic you have will be more appropriate!! :eek:

deltabravo89

Senior Analyst
Mar 11, 2010
Not putting someone down. Just saying the map is nothing to worry about. Center maps, now that's a different story. Aero center map could be memorized in 2 days. Seriously. If you really want a leg up, practice strip marking and phraeseology. But my suggestion would be the relax and do something fun before you get here. Because its all work here. The weekends go by too fast.

deltabravo89

Senior Analyst
Mar 11, 2010
No prob. Also, we really aren't supposed to be sending anyone anything that we received in class. Including the map. Just sayin...

phillyman2633

Epic Member
May 13, 2010
International waters
www.drudgereport.com
CTI schools that have an En-Route simulator use Jackson airspace, so I'm sure you could find some dude with a copy who would give it to you. I'd give my map away but I sleep with it every night (it keeps me warm).

@turbovela No offense, but you might want to brush up on proper comma usage. Your last post gave me a hangover.

ots_pro

Newcomer
Dec 20, 2011
Not putting someone down. Just saying the map is nothing to worry about. Center maps, now that's a different story. Aero center map could be memorized in 2 days. Seriously. If you really want a leg up, practice strip marking and phraeseology. But my suggestion would be the relax and do something fun before you get here. Because its all work here. The weekends go by too fast.
Stripmarking is lame they don't even use that in the real world. From what I've heard from my source the map is the most important piece of information because everything builds off of that.