Enroute Radar Bible

rogersjf

Trusted Contributor
Mar 11, 2009
New Jersey
Yes RS is bad but least you have to type y/n before it happens. I am working on a map of major traps you will see on the pv and that most students miss

spades

What's happening?
Apr 20, 2009
As much as everyone wants to know what is on the evals, studying this stuff can really hurt you. Problems change all the time and you shouldn't be wasting valuable time waiting for something that you *think* will happen.

You're really not doing yourselves any favors by finding out what is on problems ahead of time. You need to learn how to figure this stuff out on your own.

rogersjf

Trusted Contributor
Mar 11, 2009
New Jersey
As much as everyone wants to know what is on the evals, studying this stuff can really hurt you. Problems change all the time and you shouldn't be wasting valuable time waiting for something that you *think* will happen.

You're really not doing yourselves any favors by finding out what is on problems ahead of time. You need to learn how to figure this stuff out on your own.
I disagree very much in the structure of your statement. I agree that you cannot memorize problems due to the fact they all run differently based on the person. However the academy is set up so that you run the problems and do memorize and see the same thing over. The trick is in the PV that they switch where everything happens (logical). So remembering the procedures is the key, you cannot remember the problems they are all unfairly different throughout. (i.e. JAN emergency is seen many more times leading up to the PV then the 2 times you see a GWO emergency.) Yet in the PV some people see both some people see just a JAN emergency.It is all about the procedures and which evaluator you get.

AlyssaKE11

Rookie
Aug 13, 2016
Honolulu
I disagree very much in the structure of your statement. I agree that you cannot memorize problems due to the fact they all run differently based on the person. However the academy is set up so that you run the problems and do memorize and see the same thing over. The trick is in the PV that they switch where everything happens (logical). So remembering the procedures is the key, you cannot remember the problems they are all unfairly different throughout. (i.e. JAN emergency is seen many more times leading up to the PV then the 2 times you see a GWO emergency.) Yet in the PV some people see both some people see just a JAN emergency.It is all about the procedures and which evaluator you get.
I definitely agree with you. The information written in this bible is not an evaluation problem, moreso it is how you shod handle each situation. You want to know how to handle each situation above, that way if/when someone identifies the situation the the person will already know what to do. They use to give the scenarios to student on a disc or flash drive, but now they do not do that anymore. Students need to learn different scenarios based on what they remember from the lectures. I do not see any Evaluation Problems here, just situations that need to be identified and how to handle each situation

Brewdude

Oct 31, 2008
I definitely agree with you. The information written in this bible is not an evaluation problem, moreso it is how you shod handle each situation. You want to know how to handle each situation above, that way if/when someone identifies the situation the the person will already know what to do. They use to give the scenarios to student on a disc or flash drive, but now they do not do that anymore. Students need to learn different scenarios based on what they remember from the lectures. I do not see any Evaluation Problems here, just situations that need to be identified and how to handle each situation
5 years later..........