Enroute Radar Problems

Yogi77

Rookie
Jan 6, 2010
I was just wondering how people did (or are currently doing)on their radar problems. How many went well? Where were there problems? What did instructors have to say about them?

Thanks.

Roddy_Piper

Resident Knucklehead
Jun 15, 2008
Vegas baby
www.myspace.com
if your sucking on problem 13 or earlier i wouldn't worry too much. by problem 24 you should have a pretty good grasp on what and when you should be doing something.

learn your military change of destination procedure. you'll probably see it on the PV.

barty

Trusted Member
Sep 25, 2008
By the time you get to the PV, you will have seen a military change of destination about every third problem starting from the mid-teens. So you will have plenty of practice by the time the PV rolls along.

Be able to get 6-7-10 amendments into the computer quickly. Get the lab manager to load a problem you have already completed into a spare sector when you aren't running or remoting and just practice 6-7-10s over and over.

Everything else is just seeing traffic and doing necessary coordination.

ICustomxxxi

Rookie
Mar 6, 2009
Sayville, NY
We ran 14 and 15 yesterday, and it was the first day I felt pretty good about myself. Its all about practice, repetition and finding a system that works for you. Some times it seems like you'll never get that hang of it, especially when you only run two problems a day. Well see how today goes with 16 and 17...

DairyCreamer

Apr 26, 2009
Elsewhere
Is OKC still pushing 6-7-10 that hard?

It's a good thing to know and all, but with URET and how reliable the computer is anymore... man, honestly, I can't remember the last time I put in a 6-7-10 on the floor. A bit of a disconnect from reality there if they're really hammering that, IMO.

~Nate

ICustomxxxi

Rookie
Mar 6, 2009
Sayville, NY
Is OKC still pushing 6-7-10 that hard?

It's a good thing to know and all, but with URET and how reliable the computer is anymore... man, honestly, I can't remember the last time I put in a 6-7-10 on the floor. A bit of a disconnect from reality there if they're really hammering that, IMO.

~Nate
Yes they are. However they made it clear that they are not teaching us to be controllers here at the academy, they are looking for potential for us to become controllers. PV day is all about proving that we are trainable, and when we get to our facilities thats when the real training will start.