ERAM/Phraseology En Route cheat sheet cards

Rosstafari

Daaaang.
Aug 17, 2008
/X
Another study aid for En Route students at the Academy:

These cards have the most common computer entries you'll be making from the radar associate (D-side) position, including the different amendment fields, and phraseology for handoffs and pointouts. Print them out, stick them back to back, use the ID card laminate at FedEx Office, and you can keep them behind your badge. Then, next time you're staring at a URET full of alerts and can't remember how to modify a beacon code, boom... it's hanging around your neck or in your pocket. Make sure to print them at 100% or the size won't be right.

Incidentally, the commands are the same for HOST, so these are backward compatible. Whooooaaaaa.

Terminal students, the FAA gives you cheat sheet cards already, but feel free to scan them and post them up here for others to take a look if you're feeling generous.

The first link below is to a single card. After that are four sheets with eight cards per sheet. I first made these in the Academy and just made them for the entire class to see whether or not they'd be helpful.

Enjoy. Comments welcome.

- Single card image download

Multi-card image files: Page 1 - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4

Rosstafari

Daaaang.
Aug 17, 2008
/X
All of the multi-card pages are eight of one kind. It's for making multiple copies; that way you only need to pay for four color printouts to make eight cards instead of eight single card sheets.

ATCtower

Epic Member
Oct 26, 2008
Hey Rossta, this looks helpful. There are a number of things I would like to add to it. Would you email me a copy and I will shoot it back. See if the changes are good and re-post?

Rosstafari

Daaaang.
Aug 17, 2008
/X
They're in Photoshop format. Just send the changes to me here or on FB and I'll see what can happen. There's not a lot of room left, so not much more can go on, and I was just trying to cover the most common Academy commands... trying to do everything that you do once you hit dev would take four or five cards, I think.

ATCtower

Epic Member
Oct 26, 2008
True. And I dont know how to work Photoshop, so I will leave them alone haha.

I will see if I can put something together in dummy format and if anyone wants it, just PM me.

Rosstafari

Daaaang.
Aug 17, 2008
/X
Send it to me when you're done. Make sure you mention in it how your sector is the size of the entire western seaboard, or whatever it is your crazy trainer told you.

Roddy_Piper

Resident Knucklehead
Jun 15, 2008
Vegas baby
www.myspace.com
i only mentioned it cuz we had a kid at ZOA that did it. he didn't realize it and neither did the R. about 2 sectors later the pilot got a reroute and wondered WTF. traced it back to a bad entry from the D 2 sectors earlier. what a mess.

RadarContact11

Newcomer
Apr 17, 2015
Those wont help you at the Academy at all. Academy is cut and dry if you need this at the academy then you dont need to be there

Sweaty Palms

Newcomer
Apr 1, 2015
Roger. Just figured since it is stickied to the top of this whole forum the information might be current and accessible. Does anyone have this information and willing to repost it?