ERR MOU Change Campaign

pjrm82

Rookie
Mar 28, 2009
Boise
NCEPT minutes saying something about potentially reviewing the "exempt" status of certain facilities to help facilitate moves to higher facilities. So hopefully this means that low level facilities that are cat 1 or 2 exempt will no longer be exempt and will be allowed to let people ERR. But its only going to be a review. Nothing set in stone. fingers crossed.

MI ATC

Rookie
Jun 9, 2014
NCEPT minutes saying something about potentially reviewing the "exempt" status of certain facilities to help facilitate moves to higher facilities. So hopefully this means that low level facilities that are cat 1 or 2 exempt will no longer be exempt and will be allowed to let people ERR. But its only going to be a review. Nothing set in stone. fingers crossed.
This proposal is exactly what you're saying it is, and from what I understand it is highly likely to be approved PRIOR to the next panel.

ChiefSlapahoe

Rookie
Jan 4, 2017
Is this guy seriously a controller?? He sounds like he has a lower IQ than Trump himself, if that's even possible.
Implying it takes a certain level of IQ to be qualified as a controller.

Wtf is up with this superiority complex going on in this forum. The moment someone complains about a single thing on this forum, he gets flamed for thinking hes a special snowflake. At the same time there's a consistent superiority complex going on around here like being an ATC means we are some sort of genetically superior class of human beings. We are hired off the streets ffs.

There are numerous industries that would blow ATC out of the water when it comes to mental ability. Stop with this passive aggressive condescending bullshit.

BrewnATC

Epic Member
Jan 28, 2015
Ass deep in a folding chair
Implying it takes a certain level of IQ to be qualified as a controller.

Wtf is up with this superiority complex going on in this forum. The moment someone complains about a single thing on this forum, he gets flamed for thinking hes a special snowflake. At the same time there's a consistent superiority complex going on around here like being an ATC means we are some sort of genetically superior class of human beings. We are hired off the streets ffs.

There are numerous industries that would blow ATC out of the water when it comes to mental ability. Stop with this passive aggressive condescending bullshit.
I guess you would know, since you haven't even walked through the doors of academy yet...

Reactions: Purplelobj

gsujake

Trusted Member
Nov 29, 2011
Is this guy seriously a controller?? He sounds like he has a lower IQ than Trump himself, if that's even possible.
Lol, bless your heart. Sorry I'm not some bleeding heart liberal. I'm no fan of Trump either, but you guys with your scare tactics are kind of amusing.

What is 1 thing I said that's not true?

ChiefSlapahoe

Rookie
Jan 4, 2017
I guess you would know, since you haven't even walked through the doors of academy yet...
The same amount of focus/dedication it takes to succeed in the 3 month long academy is required for 4+ years at a top tier university to even be considered for hire at an IB or management consulting business. And that is 4+ years through all subjects and not something avgeeks have autism for. There are 25 year olds in finance making double what Level 12 CPC's make a year. At age 30, they probably made more money than an ATCer will over their entire career minus retirement.

We are hired off the streets through USAjobs. What we do is unique but there is nothing elite about us LOL.

DaOsprey

Trusted Member
Mar 25, 2014
The same amount of focus/dedication it takes to succeed in the 3 month long academy is required for 4+ years at a top tier university to even be considered for hire at an IB or management consulting business. And that is 4+ years through all subjects and not something avgeeks have autism for. There are 25 year olds in finance making double what Level 12 CPC's make a year. At age 30, they probably made more money than an ATCer will over their entire career minus retirement.

We are hired off the streets through USAjobs. What we do is unique but there is nothing elite about us LOL.
LOL. Hang on while I finish snorting coke off the scope, I guarantee you what I do is more "elite" than crunching numbers off a piece of paper.

phillyman2633

Epic Member
May 13, 2010
International waters
www.drudgereport.com
The same amount of focus/dedication it takes to succeed in the 3 month long academy is required for 4+ years at a top tier university to even be considered for hire at an IB or management consulting business.
Lmfao you had me up until this. College was the easiest 4 years of my life. That was an aviation science degree with all kinds of "aerodynamics" and "physiology" and "jet-turbine theory" and other "knowledge-intensive" classes that my mediocre ass took semi-seriously and was able to graduate with a 3.5GPA. Granted there are plenty of professions out there that are much more knowledge intensive than ATC (doctor, etc...) but "Wall Street jackoff" is not one of them. While a top-level finance job surely pays more than ATC, for every one of them making $1mil+ there are 100 struggling to break $60k. I'll take my 40 hours a week job that ends the second I walk out the door straight to the bank and be happy with that, knowing that I have a job that actually matters and that I'm not some fukken Chardonnay-swilling Boxter-driving dickknuckle who jerks off his mid-level Goldman Sachs managers to get that extra account.

DaOsprey

Trusted Member
Mar 25, 2014
Bruh. It's page 81 in the thread. That fukken train left the station about 70 pages ago. It's like when you click on "Page 2" of the search results of Google and really think you're going to find what you're looking for.
I found your mom on page two, she was too fat to be on page one.

NovemberEcho

Epic Member
Dec 8, 2010
Long Island
Lmfao you had me up until this. College was the easiest 4 years of my life. That was an aviation science degree with all kinds of "aerodynamics" and "physiology" and "jet-turbine theory" and other "knowledge-intensive" classes that my mediocre ass took semi-seriously and was able to graduate with a 3.5GPA. Granted there are plenty of professions out there that are much more knowledge intensive than ATC (doctor, etc...) but "Wall Street jackoff" is not one of them. While a top-level finance job surely pays more than ATC, for every one of them making $1mil+ there are 100 struggling to break $60k. I'll take my 40 hours a week job that ends the second I walk out the door straight to the bank and be happy with that, knowing that I have a job that actually matters and that I'm not some fukken Chardonnay-swilling Boxter-driving dickknuckle who jerks off his mid-level Goldman Sachs managers to get that extra account.
Wait, you only work 40 hours a week?

ChiefSlapahoe

Rookie
Jan 4, 2017
While on the topic of intellectual abilities of Air Traffic Controllers, almost all of you presented a strawman argument. You guys are literally proving my point.

Yes because getting into Harvard then achieving a minimum of a 3.5 GPA is an easy task to do. That takes focus and dedication over a long period of time. While you were eating lunch alone in the bathroom stall, these kids were :p:p:p:p:p:p:p your one-itis in your moms bedroom.

My point was never about whether Wall Street dudebros were more useful to our society or subjectively "elite" than Air Traffic Controllers. That article doesn't even provide any basic information about the study such as whether it occurred during a bull or bear market. I'm not even going to waste my time on that study because if you think the success of RenTech, Citadel, Two Sigma, etc. was out of luck, then I'm wasting more time than I already am replying in this thread.

I'll make my point clear. The true elites flock to lucrative markets that reward top tier education. Not Air Traffic Controllers hired off the street through USAjobs after working in McDonalds for 3 years. So please stop with the passive aggressive superiority complex.

nhstadt

Epic Member
Mar 24, 2011
south "Murica
Listen here ChiefRaciallyinsensitvename, If that's the case what are you trying to get hired for? Me personally, I ain't greedy, I'll take my healthy middle/upper middle class wages and pension (if it lasts thanks to your boy) and laugh my way to the bank while the wall street bros and Oil flunkies deal with the boom or bust markets. anyone with half a brain can get a bachelors- that's the college racket- some are more fortunate than others in what comes afterwards, so be it. And talk about focus and dedication over a long period of time, wait until the if and when day you get on the job and spend your days separating airplanes for 25-35 years. You'll find if you are unlucky enough to have to stoop so low as to accept an offer from the wee little FAA that you won't find a more dedicated focused group of individuals than controllers. Your view point is obviously coming from someone who hasn't done the job, and doesn't have a valid opinion on the subject.