ERR MOU Change Campaign

oozero

Dec 15, 2009
I beleive it came out today or yesterday. I actually was going to ask a question about that. I dont understand how a facility can be ranked 14th on the priority list but is eligible to select 0 . Anyone got any insight on how that works?

rocketappliance

Jun 4, 2015
I beleive it came out today or yesterday. I actually was going to ask a question about that. I dont understand how a facility can be ranked 14th on the priority list but is eligible to select 0 . Anyone got any insight on how that works?
It's a byproduct of the way the program/database is used to determine facility priority (program needs to be fixed). Just ignore those facilities with "0" eligibility.

Bogier6

Jul 9, 2010
Yah I saw they just dropped the new numbers lol. After a year trying to get out at Cat one, we just felll to Cat two unfortunately. If I can't snag a spot on this next round I have a suspicion we will drop below a Cat two and I'll get stuck.

ClayZ1989

Dec 4, 2009
West Deptford, NJ
Whats everyone think about the new rule change regarding the ERR process? It sounds like many more facilities will be eligible for the next ERR panel in June. I know my facility was frozen prior to this change and now after the change we will be allowed to release one controller.
If you are unfamiliar with the change, if your facility is above the national average but would go below the national average if you released a controller...you will now be allowed to release that person and drop below the national average.

lowapproach

Epic Member
Oct 29, 2010
WV
Whats everyone think about the new rule change regarding the ERR process? It sounds like many more facilities will be eligible for the next ERR panel in June. I know my facility was frozen prior to this change and now after the change we will be allowed to release one controller.
If you are unfamiliar with the change, if your facility is above the national average but would go below the national average if you released a controller...you will now be allowed to release that person and drop below the national average.
Next best thing to staffing you guys over 100%. Good luck with your ERR.

lowapproach

Epic Member
Oct 29, 2010
WV
New developments on the NCEPT SOP front:

Section 3.5.3:

1. Selections may be made from facilities that would cause the Current or ProjectedCPC AOB for the losing facility to drop one (1) employee below the CPC AOB national average but those selections will be on a Category 2 release date.

Section 3.5.3:

1. Consideration of ERR requests will generally occur up to the projected CPC AOB
    national average percentage. However, requests for transfer to Facility Pay Level(FPL) 9 and below facilities will be considered up to 100% of the projected CPC totarget percentage after all other ERR requests have been reviewed. The NCEPTpanel may expand consideration up to 100% to include additional FPL facilities.

Section 4:

1. The facilities involved in a mutual reassignment transfer request must meet theminimum requirement of the National Release Policy for consideration.

2. At the conclusion of the ERR Placement process, the NCEPT will review allmutual reassignment transfer requests for compliance with the National ReleasePolicy.

Stinger

Epic Member
May 24, 2009
At the conclusion of the ERR Placement process, the NCEPT will review allmutual reassignment transfer requests for compliance with the National ReleasePolicy.
[/LIST]
So either this is saying:
1. Swaps will be granted, the rest of the NCEPT occurs, the swaps are looked at again for release compliance, and if the facility is below the national average due to releasing the non-swap ERRs, the swap will be disapproved,

or,

2. NCEPT occurs for the ERRs first, and then swaps are looked at to see if they can be released.

Either way, it reads that an ERR has priority over a mutual swap.

EchoZulu

Newcomer
May 5, 2009
For those who remember the old ERR process, the ATM of the receiving facility would call the ATM or supervisor of the facility of the person requesting the transfer. Does this happen anymore or is it purely a luck of the draw with the NCEPT panel now? Does it help to visit a facility to make it known that you're interested in going there?

brock

Newcomer
Jul 7, 2013
The managers still have a good deal of say in who ends up at their facilities. If you're applying from a green facility, you absolutely want that manager to know your name (in a positive light, hopefully) because this will lead to them placing you high on their "manager ranking list." If they don't want you, they'll place you low. Here's the catch: no matter how low/high you are on the ranking list, if the FAA prioritizes placing at least one controller into said facility, and everyone above you on the manager's list is from a red facility, you're still going to be chosen. It's all about how the FAA and NCEPT/PPT prioritizes filling vacancies at facilities.