ERR Timelines

Homsar

Rookie
Jun 23, 2014
Anyone mind sharing experiences of the timelines of ERR selection? Specifically, how long from when you were told you were selected by an ATM/Union rep until you received a TOL/release date.

I was told by an ATM selection paperwork was submitted for me on 8/7, still waiting on any word whatsoever, haven't received a thing. I'm also a developmental though, and have heard rumblings of selections for devs being more complex and taking longer, if there's any truth to that.

duranme

Senior Analyst
Nov 3, 2009
BUR
Our latest experiences are from the time they were "selected" to the time they got a TOL was around two weeks.

lowapproach

Epic Member
Oct 29, 2010
WV
Depends on the HR person handling your paperwork. If the gaining ATM wants you, and your ATM doesn't mind losing you (and he shouldn't, since you're not a CPC), I would think that any delay would be HR-related.

j_time41

Senior Analyst
Nov 17, 2008
Lakeville, MN
ATM still has to approve release dates for devs, and him not "minding" is NOT true, especially at low staffed facilities. You are still important, and you are already at that facility, albeit not checked out. Its a pain in the butt to get more ppl, and even if you get approved for more trainees, they still have to pass the academy, and you STILL might not even get one if your facility is only allotted one or two. ATMs can make the process harder if they need ppl, or want to cause trouble for you, but HR can also be slow at getting paperwork and the correct ppl notified.

EDIT* I see low approach did say if the ATM doesn't mind. My bad. But everything I said is still true.

FL_CTI

Trusted Member
Oct 8, 2009
Colorado
I submitted my papers July 2013, TOL in November, FOL in January 2014, reported to my new facility March 2014.

cali

Mar 29, 2015
Anybody else have recent experiences with ERR timelines after faxing the ERR in to HR.

duranme

Senior Analyst
Nov 3, 2009
BUR
Anybody else have recent experiences with ERR timelines after faxing the ERR in to HR.

Well, the facility in question needs to be authorized to do an err sweep/pull. Just because the rep or atm says they need staffing doesn't mean HR and FAA higher ups agree, so the err pull might be denied by HR.

mbalunda

Epic Member
Jan 31, 2009
Guy at work received his TOL in November of 2014, and he's still waiting for an FOL. They said probably around April 2016.