ERRing As a Developmental

Kleetus

Jan 18, 2009
Someplace
It's a privacy act scenario so no one should know except your supervisor... Only because he is the one who scores and signs your ERR request form.

As for going from terminal to en-route, it's irrelevant.
MIAvectors, what do you mean by "Score" the request form. Is there a scoring scale that determines a certain amount of points you need to get to be able to ERR? Does the form have to be signed and scored before or after another facility wants to take you on an ERR?

unable

Trusted Member
Jan 31, 2013
Over the Rainbow
not possible. cpc-it at that point.
Yes possible... the order itself says you are a cpc forever once you attain that. I'm not saying you are facility rated prior to walking in the door. However, you are correct in the fact that you must become facility rated on your second try or you are out.

TimShady

Senior Analyst
Mar 12, 2009
Chicago
Kleetus, in order to submit an ERR you fill out a form that is "scored" and signed by your supervisor prior to the requested facility receiving it. In theory, only your supervisor at your current facility and management at the requested facility, plus some HR people, would have to know about it. The score is based on years or experience, facility level, amount of education you have, pilot certifications, and a few other things, like any awards received. There's no minimum to be apply to submit the ERR, but obviously more points looks better to the new facility.

spades

What's happening?
Apr 20, 2009
Yes possible... the order itself says you are a cpc forever once you attain that. I'm not saying you are facility rated prior to walking in the door. However, you are correct in the fact that you must become facility rated on your second try or you are out.
I don't know. The document is very ambiguous when it comes to CPC-IT's. I don't really know what MJ meant by you're not a CPC but rather a CPC-IT. That is why the document specifically lists a definition of a CPC-IT and then the definition of a developmental.

Bottom line, you need to talk someone who actually knows what they are talking about instead of site.

unable

Trusted Member
Jan 31, 2013
Over the Rainbow
I don't know. The document is very ambiguous when it comes to CPC-IT's. I don't really know what MJ meant by you're not a CPC but rather a CPC-IT. That is why the document specifically lists a definition of a CPC-IT and then the definition of a developmental.

Bottom line, you need to talk someone who actually knows what they are talking about instead of site.
Thats kind of where I am at on this one... I find it very difficult to believe that the agency will toss a cpc out regardless. You really would have to show that you are incapable of certifying anywhere.

I was discussing this with my sup tonight and he agreed....