Eurocontrol

DaOsprey

Trusted Member
Mar 25, 2014
Now I know what it feels like to age out of something... 26 here >.>. If I had a job offer from anywhere in the EU in ATC I'd be gone in a heart beat.

Xray090

Jun 2, 2015
I went through their process back in 2007ish... was nice they paid for my airline too, got reimbursed cash the next day failed their aptitude test because it's darn hard. But since it was a free trip and I was still in college I viewed it as a vacation.

Flew into maastrictt from AMS after a long azz lay over and had plenty of beers.
You definitely need to have dual citizenship from an EU country, not just any country in Europe.

BrewnATC

Epic Member
Jan 28, 2015
Ass deep in a folding chair
I went through their process back in 2007ish... was nice they paid for my airline too, got reimbursed cash the next day failed their aptitude test because it's darn hard. But since it was a free trip and I was still in college I viewed it as a vacation.

Flew into maastrictt from AMS after a long azz lay over and had plenty of beers.
You definitely need to have dual citizenship from an EU country, not just any country in Europe.
Eurocontrol, cop, background investigator for OPM...you sure get around.

BrewnATC

Epic Member
Jan 28, 2015
Ass deep in a folding chair

also there are no flights from Amsterdam to Maastricht

kkolberga

May 23, 2012
Eurocentrol is VERY competitive. I tried to get in back in 2014 and they hired 8 people TOTAL. The first part, There was a test, sorta like the ATSAT but harder. Out of about 20 of us, 6 of us made it to the afternoon, second portion of the test, and from there only 4 of us made it to the next phase. A couple months later I had to come back and do the second part of the process. It consisted of 4 of us in a group tasked to do different excercises, some as a group all together, some individually, some as partners and we were just being observed by two individuals the whole day. Within three days, out of 14 people, nobody made it to the interviews.

NovemberEcho

Epic Member
Dec 8, 2010
Long Island
That is correct. Now go marry someone over there and you're good to go. True story- know a guy from here who did that and works in Australia now. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Australia and New Zealand hire foreigners. Hope he really loves his wife cause he didn't need to marry her to work there

NovemberEcho

Epic Member
Dec 8, 2010
Long Island
Australia removed any mention of international applicants of their website as far as I could see. Happened shortly after the orange :p:p:p:p was elected
theyre not even hiring Aussies at the moment. They allow foreigners to apply every few years usually, it's not an open announcement

HighFrequency

Newcomer
Jul 20, 2017
I had an app in with New Zealand that I pulled after the FAA called. A CTO can get you into some of the smaller towers. Mostly on the North Island but they had one in the South too. Open internationally, but it seemed like chances were decent to get picked up after talking to some NZ controllers.

This was like 1 or 2 months ago. Never seen them open it up to foreigners before.

NovemberEcho

Epic Member
Dec 8, 2010
Long Island
I had an app in with New Zealand that I pulled after the FAA called. A CTO can get you into some of the smaller towers. Mostly on the North Island but they had one in the South too. Open internationally, but it seemed like chances were decent to get picked up after talking to some NZ controllers.

This was like 1 or 2 months ago. Never seen them open it up to foreigners before.
i applied to NZ and Australia in 2013 just before I got out of the Air Force