FAA Academy Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

astats87

Oct 11, 2010
I'm right here
But I'm at the academy now and have heard these things from the mouths of the people who are in charge of training. Raytheon has limited instructors therefore they can't train all of us. The day I'm suppose to leave along with every other class has been extended. And other classes that start later this year will be cancelled. Expect that.

And don't tell me not to post, feeds fuel to my fire.

..now back to your scheduled program.

Charlie_Foxtrot

Trusted Contributor
Jan 11, 2011
Chicago
Astats, don't take the bait on that wicked burn by mike.

I'm not at the Academy and would love to hear any unfiltered information that you pick up there. Am I going to change my life plan or freak the hell out at anything you post? No. After all, isn't the whole point of this site passing along information and providing input on it? I'm pretty confident that you are not making any of this up nor are you personally gaining from posting anything on here.

Keep posting what you hear; ignore the Stuckmic Whine Patrol.

MattP1

Rookie
Aug 17, 2009
To those who wanna bash me go ahead. But I'm at the academy now and have heard these things from the mouths of the people who are in charge of training. Raytheon has limited instructors therefore they can't train all of us. The day I'm suppose to leave along with every other class has been extended. And other classes that start later this year will be cancelled. Expect that.

And don't tell me not to post, feeds fuel to my fire.

..now back to your scheduled program.
Do not post.

There are going to be delays at the academy and the facilities when you're training.

heavyd

Rookie
Aug 10, 2011
Raytheon lost the contract, they only have enough instructors to run one radar lab for en route at a time. Rumor here at the centers is they might be canceling classes due to not having any instructors. Keep in mind these are just rumors, but be ready.
Raytheon didn't lose the Contract. Raytheon had a 5 year contract. They used up all of the money in 4 years. The FAA refuses to give any additional funding until another contract is executed. So now Raytheon is operating a skeleton crew at OKC and all facilities. Controllers at facilities are back-filling Raytheons laid off crew. Some facilities don't have Raytheon at all now.

Hd

angryweb

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2010
Los Angeles
I have a date of September 19. I can't imagine a 3 week hold in September. Why would they bring me in and have me wait on their dime for 3 weeks?

skyway172

Rookie
Jun 22, 2009
I hear in September they're getting rid of non-radar in the real world, therefore at the academy too. Also, the 7110.65 is getting thrown out. Any rules and phraseology previously in effect will no longer be regulatory. Only kidding, keep on studying!

Status
Not open for further replies.