FAA Academy Graduation Ceremony

ned_pepper

Rookie
May 24, 2009
Hey is there a graduation ceremony, or do they just tell you congratulations and send you on your way? I have some people that will want to come. That's why I am asking. Can anyone help me out with this?

STL2CVG

Senior Analyst
Feb 2, 2009
Cincinnati
Re: Graduation Ceremony?

They pretty much say congrats and send you on your way...when your work day is over. There is no ceremony, nor should there be. It would be a waste of time. You just completed your first of many stages of training in the FAA.

ned_pepper

Rookie
May 24, 2009

K cool, i suspected that because NO ONE has mentioned it! well now i know thanks...

JBe55

Newcomer
Dec 30, 2008
ZBW

We sat in the holding room for 8 hours on the last day doing nothing... at the end of the day we traded our ID badges for our certificates and they said good luck and good bye, don't let the door hit ya. Half our class had their cars already loaded up and left straight from the academy starting their drive to their facility. It's pretty anti-climactic.

barty

Trusted Member
Sep 25, 2008

We actually had an instructor whose wife came and cooked for us our last day the entire class was together. A couple of guys were going to Guam and didn't have to take URET, so our "graduation" party was about a week before we all shipped out.

Genot

Trusted Contributor
Feb 7, 2010
A Dark Dark Room

Actually at your facility there will be one if you check out. Invite your friends and family. Wear your cap and gown. It'll be at a bar and everyone in your facility/area will be on your tab. Enjoy!

mbalunda

Epic Member
Jan 31, 2009

Hand shake and a pat on the back if you're lucky.

Radium

Epic Member
Jan 14, 2009

We all hugged it our in my class and said we'll meet in Vegas when we are all CPC! Looks like that's not happening tho.

eqfan592

Rookie
Mar 28, 2010

Some people wash out?
Yep, seems like at least one person washes out of every class. Had three in mine, sadly. Suffice it to say that one you're done with your PV, you'll feel a lot of relief, but after a while you'll be ready to move on to the next step.

EDIT: just realized that you could have been being sarcastic :p

Radium

Epic Member
Jan 14, 2009
and we were talking about after the acad anyway... since I'm RTF and its fail proof. Ya people def got washed/fired

UNDgrad06

Epic Member
Dec 8, 2010
Peachtree City, GA
Unless someone just freezes up the day of, you can usually tell who is going to have struggles with the PV. The two washouts we had were both from the same CTI school and both seemed like ATC was something they had just heard of the day they got to the academy. It was very strange but they struggled the whole way. I won't say the name of the school but it was .. Diami Made. You figure it out.