FAA class dates catalog

Rosstafari

Daaaang.
Aug 17, 2008
/X
So would CTI En route go to Initial En Route? That's the one that has no listings in the search.
Yes. And Basics is followed by the same class. I don't know why there are no listings. Maybe they're updating the catalog and pulled them in the meantime. Just a guess.

josh16

Newcomer
Aug 24, 2009
thanks and would anyone know how long it takes to get a call on class dates and facilities?

josh16

Newcomer
Aug 24, 2009
even if i took my SAT test in 09? i had my interview back in june of '11 and they said it would be the second half of the physcal year of this year that i would be placed in a class.

ladiesolo

Trusted Member
Jun 19, 2009
even if i took my SAT test in 09? i had my interview back in june of '11 and they said it would be the second half of the physcal year of this year that i would be placed in a class.
Then that's your answer. You're asking a bunch of other applicants to give you a firmer timeline than HR? Come on. I understand you need to pass the time by because of the long wait, but let's be intelligent here. Just like EmTee said, people have waited anywhere from 1 month to 3.5 years for class dates. Do you have a TOL? Are all your clearances in? If your answers to both of those questions are yes, then all you can do is wait. If you answered no to at least one of them, then you can expect to wait 2 or 3 times as long. :)

Put your feet up, find a cold beverage, and read the time by on here. Hopefully you'll become so self educated in the process that you will be able to pay it forward to less ambitious readers.

liondave

Oct 23, 2009
I agree with ladiesolo. People are always posting things on here like "out of the blue today my rep called me and gave me a class date in 2 weeks", point being...it just happens when they are ready, and your timeline sounds pretty standard.

BadPassportPhoto

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2011
ZTL
Not sure I'm enroute. But if you were hired through a pubnat then like enroute I'd assume you would do basics first. Otherwise skip basics.

rhd9b

Trusted Contributor
Dec 24, 2009
VA
My HR rep said they still don't have numbers for FY13. Apparently they will the first 2 weeks of September. Who knows though.

BadPassportPhoto

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2011
ZTL
What's with all the classes that were cancelled in may? That must have created quite a backlog for everyone.
I was wondering that too. What's weird is they just posted those cancellations, along with saying they were cancelled in May. I slightly panicked this morning when I saw that 08/23 enroute basics was cancelled but then right underneath it is the same class date and on my welcome packet is actually the new class date number. So no worries.