FAA class dates catalog

Philatc

Jun 13, 2012
SoCal
I know theres a boat load of people going to en route facilities come the first of the year. However looking at the course catalog...umm there isn't any courses listed. I'm looking at the 50145 course since I'm a VRA. Is that the correct one? I was slated to go to terminal but I asked for ZOA.

CraZyAzN911

Jan 4, 2011
ZDC
I know theres a boat load of people going to en route facilities come the first of the year. However looking at the course catalog...umm there isn't any courses listed. I'm looking at the 50145 course since I'm a VRA. Is that the correct one? I was slated to go to terminal but I asked for ZOA.
When I talked to my rep today she said she has me in a class date for ZDC but couldn't tell me what date. She said no official dates were being given out for enroute, only Terminal and TRACON at the moment. She said they were waiting until 30 days prior to the class date to say anything, they haven't been given the okay to release enroute class dates yet. I'm going to go ahead and say this is probably why there are no class dates listed in there.

bravoxray

Aug 31, 2010
Farmington, MN
The class you are looking for is FAA50148001 Initial Enroute Qualification Training. Currently it's not showing any 2014 dates yet, but there are people getting class dates for enroute so they should show up eventually.

mgcb

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2011
Delaware
Not sure if other people knew this but it appears that all the classes are posted on the website. There looks to be a whoooole lot of them on there, something like 35 tower classes, 30 enroute, and I think 30 or more TRACON. Doing the math at the 18 or 12 maximum enrollment depending on the type of class theres well over 1500 seats to fill this FY! Of course I assume they can and will cancel some but damn thats a good start.

Only a couple of basics classes on there too for FY14, doesnt seem like they are planning on putting many OTS'ers through this FY

garretnealjones

Newcomer
Dec 5, 2011
Grafenwoehr, Germany
I must sound really naive, but I went to the site and couldn't find the actual dates. I'm bound to Oakland Center on and En Route TOL (ZOA); is there a typical class cycle? We live overseas and are trying to plan things out the best we can to make a smooth transition.

I have an expired drug test that needs renewal, but I'll be good to go by October. My rep had told me that I can expect class dates in October correspondingly. Does this mean 01, 15, or 30 October? I'm just wondering if there's already dates out there by which I could benchmark.