FAA Form 3330-43-1 Rating of ATC Experience for Transfer

Purplelobj

Epic Member
Jan 29, 2014
The form is nuts and super out of date. I was told they haven't offered correspondence courses in years... And they might as well have picture instructions, like ikea.

Stinger

Epic Member
May 24, 2009
Just about 40. The sheer insanity of filling this shit out is about as healthy as deep-fried butter.

What the f#ck is the point of filling out section 1 if all your score is is 3 x your highest facility level? Who gives a dick how long it took for me to check out on Clearance, you'd think theyd just go off time to CPC.
When I filled mine out, I just put the date that I became CPC at an up/down. Only one line. Just looked at it and my point total was 38. Applied for 2 CPC announcements last year is all, and got a TOL within 3 weeks of the announcement close date.

FL_CTI

Trusted Member
Oct 8, 2009
Colorado
Haha with no radar experience they would be kind of silly to put me downstairs lol. I doubt I'm getting there without am intermediate facility, anyway.
They've picked up plenty from FXE and FLL and placed them downstairs. Most transfers from towers go A-side but I've seen more than my fair share go straight to B-side.

lowapproach

Epic Member
Oct 29, 2010
WV
God knows how the FAA is going to change in the next ten years, with facility consolidations or funding sources or organizational structure, but I would rather face the future with radar experience than without it. If you're offered a chance at radar, think hard before you pass on it.