FAA Hiring Needs Fulfilled Through FY2015

Aferggy

Trusted Contributor
Feb 8, 2014
TimbucTOOOOOO
Purportedly the FAA's hiring needs for the controller hiring pool has been filled through October of 2015 after the BQ. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
A buddy if mine said something just like this. I didn't believe him because he had no source. Who told u this?

atcjunkie

Mar 12, 2014
Georgia
Purportedly the FAA's hiring needs for the controller hiring pool has been filled through October of 2015 after the BQ. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Need proof bud. Who said this? where did you here it? cant just say stuff like this without backing it up.

atcjunkie

Mar 12, 2014
Georgia
ok so that mean out of all the people that passed the BQ and ATSAT that there is enough people to send to the academy until FY15. So some will go sooner than others. You could go soon or you could go in Oct 15'. Made it sound like that hey sorry but no one from Feb bid is going until FY15.

Stinger

Epic Member
May 24, 2009
ok so that mean out of all the people that passed the BQ and ATSAT that there is enough people to send to the academy until FY15. So some will go sooner than others. You could go soon or you could go in Oct 15'. Made it sound like that hey sorry but no one from Feb bid is going until FY15.
That's only three months away, so I'd be shocked if many people make it down to Oklahoma before October 1st.

palmtreesnsun247

Aug 30, 2010
It's official. If you didn't get an email you are SOL. I just spoke with Lou Sassole in HR and he said that all the emails went out yesterday explaining the process and if you didn't get one that you will have to reapply. They have no requirement to notify you that your not selected but the green check mark should be red when they do an update at 2am on Saturday. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. If you don't believe me call HR and ask for a Lou Sassole.
Lou Sassole bahahahhaha

harv

Jun 15, 2008
That's only three months away, so I'd be shocked if many people make it down to Oklahoma before October 1st.
No. It means they have met their numbers for fiscal year 2015. ( Oct 2014 thru Sept 2015)

The academy can process 100-120 ppl per month. With the expected attrition/failure rate, that means everyone with a green check is getting a shot. Except those who can't pass background and physical.

Delta

Mar 18, 2014
Wow. So the BioQ gave them the 1700+ controller hires that they have planned for FY 2015? Does that sound like a bit of a stretch in numbers to anyone else? I can't imagine that they got 1700+ hires after all is said and done from the Feb. bid (ATSAT no shows, applicants who didn't actually meet minimum quals, individuals who don't pass medical & background). Am I missing something here?

phillyman2633

Epic Member
May 13, 2010
International waters
www.drudgereport.com
Wow. So the BioQ gave them the 1700+ controller hires that they have planned for FY 2015? Does that sound like a bit of a stretch in numbers to anyone else? I can't imagine that they got 1700+ hires after all is said and done from the Feb. bid (ATSAT no shows, applicants who didn't actually meet minimum quals, individuals who don't pass medical & background). Am I missing something here?
They pulled about 2500 people from the BQ after the ATSAT and found that 700 or so did not answer quite as truthfully on the BQ as they could have so the numbers add up