FAA hiring?

Jul 9, 2019
Hello Everyone,

I recently applied for an entry level ATSS position. I was referred to two stations and sent my resume to a 'direct hire' link (I think) for the western region.
I am curious, has anyone heard of selections being made?

Thanks in advance,
atss hopeful

Jul 9, 2019
Hey BigHorse,

Firstly, thanks for the reply.

I was hoping for something a bit west of NY. Maybe WY, MT, UT, northern AZ possibly even AK.

Thanks again and have a good one.
Hiring alot in NY
I am curious, if one were to accept a position in a 'hard to fill' location (such as NY), are there residency requirements prior to asking for a transfer to another location?

My current company does that. If someone were to accept a promotion to 'hard to fill' locations, they are not eligible to transfer for two years (usually).

Thanks,

Scotter

Jan 4, 2010
Southwest Regional Office
I am curious, if one were to accept a position in a 'hard to fill' location (such as NY), are there residency requirements prior to asking for a transfer to another location?

My current company does that. If someone were to accept a promotion to 'hard to fill' locations, they are not eligible to transfer for two years (usually).

Thanks,
While there is no "residency requirement" you may find it difficult to transfer to another location. Typically if you want to transfer you can go either of 2 ways: Bid on an open announcement that is currently posted in USAJobs or you could put in an Employee Request for Reassignment (ERR). For the ERR - you have to have a valid vacancy in the location you want to go to and your manager has to be willing to give you up.

Scotter

Jul 9, 2019
While there is no "residency requirement" you may find it difficult to transfer to another location. Typically if you want to transfer you can go either of 2 ways: Bid on an open announcement that is currently posted in USAJobs or you could put in an Employee Request for Reassignment (ERR). For the ERR - you have to have a valid vacancy in the location you want to go to and your manager has to be willing to give you up.

Scotter
Thanks for the info!!