FAA NO EXPERIENCE "OTS" 2019- Planned June 14-17

bugmenot2

Newcomer
Dec 12, 2012
Per local FACREP, there is a planned no experience hire June 14-17. Have your resumes ready! Per the email, the FAA MAY stop accepting application if more than 7,500 are received!

kcharles0124

Newcomer
Aug 27, 2015
Per local FACREP, there is a planned no experience hire June 14-17. Have your resumes ready! Per the email, the FAA MAY stop accepting application if more than 7,500 are received!
@f5awp, per this post, the applicant cap looks to be around 7500.

colandoj

Jun 2, 2014
So I want to hear some feedback. I was at the academy back in 5/18-09/18 and I didn't make it through. No BS answers, should I not even bother putting an application in? I know people have said that its extremely rare to get a second chance. I figured I would get others thoughts, would I be wasting my time? also I just turned 30, so its literally my last year possible. Try to spare me toxic responses, Im not really expecting to get selected. I just figured I would ask.

Stinger

Epic Member
May 24, 2009
So I want to hear some feedback. I was at the academy back in 5/18-09/18 and I didn't make it through. No BS answers, should I not even bother putting an application in? I know people have said that its extremely rare to get a second chance. I figured I would get others thoughts, would I be wasting my time? also I just turned 30, so its literally my last year possible. Try to spare me toxic responses, Im not really expecting to get selected. I just figured I would ask.
Extremely slim chance you'd be able to get another chance. But there's also no effort involved in submitting another application and just seeing what happens.

freakfly23

Rookie
Aug 28, 2014
If you were appointed before 31, the clock stops for you. I'm 36 and in the application process. I did go to advanced ATC in Valdosta Georgia and got my CTO in the mean time. I will hopefully go prior experience. Good luck.

f5awp

Rookie
Mar 15, 2018
Hey guys, good luck on applying tonight! This doc. should help you if it's your first time applying and are unfamiliar of the process. It's not in the doc., but it can't be stated enough to create your resume using the USAJobs builder! Do not attach your own.

http://bit.ly/usajobswalkthrough

Mayday

Newcomer
Mar 18, 2014
my wife just submitted the application, the 7.5k limit seems low, i remember a few years ago as much as 25K applied, the fact that the FAA is only gonna hire under 1K this year is short sighted and stupid, but stupid is as stupid does ...

JayTango

Feb 21, 2016
my wife just submitted the application, the 7.5k limit seems low, i remember a few years ago as much as 25K applied, the fact that the FAA is only gonna hire under 1K this year is short sighted and stupid, but stupid is as stupid does ...
Maybe they’ll have them more frequently?

My guess would be because they have that 10% rule between hiring pools they just don’t bother taking a huge amount of Pool 2 applicants if a small amount of pool 1s apply or even do well on the ATSA?

Traveldude14

Newcomer
Aug 8, 2016
Did anyone else have to take the BioQ? When I applied a couple of years ago I remember having to take the BioQ right after submitting my application. Or maybe it was part of the application I don't remember.

RachyN

Newcomer
Jan 29, 2010
It says the announcement is "Unavailable"
Did you start your application yet?
I did and it was being extremely slow, it said unavailable. but somehow I was able to finish my application.
Maybe everyone was using the site at once. I was on shortly after mid-night, probably the same for everyone else desperate for this hiring!

Poppy

Newcomer
Sep 27, 2018
Did anyone take the BioQ this year? just submitted my application and was not prompted to.