FAA Tower Closures?

shaba169

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2010
Shaba169, no one is comparing contract towers to LAX, ORD, or JFK. What they are getting compared to is the 40k op FAA tower staffed by 16 controllers staying open vs the 100k ops contract tower staffed by 5 controllers that actually saves money is closing. FCTs are proven to be very efficient and have a great track record. You should stop by a busy FCT sometime and I bet you will be really surprised, not to mention that most controllers staffing them are retired FAA or future FAA employees. Not a bunch of rejects like you make us sound. You can take your "jealous, bitter contract controller, and Podunk" talk and take it somewhere else
I didn't make any FCT's sound like rejects, and if you remember earlier in my post I said I've done nothing in the past few months but stick up for not closing FCTs, and how much of a blow to the NAS shutting them down is, however I don't appreciate doing nothing but stick up from them when explaining the situation to friends, family, and strangers, just to get shit on by someone who thinks the entire NAS should be private because the government side of it is overpaid, "lackluster", lazy, and does nothing but waste taxpayer money, so a "big bad union" can get fat and pay politicians.

shaba169

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2010
Most unions are indeed mandatory. And since I possess self-accountability for my own actions, I do not planning on needing representation.

There is a major disconnect if you honestly believe that unions do not donate to politicians. Why then do the politicians and PAC's fight soo desperately hard (and often violently) against Right-To_Work legislation? The answer is obvious. Because people do not want their money stolen from their check and donated by the MILLIONS to politicians that they do not necessarily support. This is why in states where Right-To-Work has passed, the unions almost entirely dissolve.

Your brother and sisterhood may seem strong while you're deducting people's money without their say, but people just want to be left the hell alone. You can argue this until you're blue in the face, but you know it, and I know it. I'm not saying all unions are the devil because they've accomplished great things throughout history. But at this point in time they are nearly useless and really only serve to bankrupt state's economies with their pension and entitlement strikes/demands.
Get rid of unions and watch everything that has been fought so hard for disappear in your children's lifetime.

nchapman1

Trusted Member
Mar 15, 2011
So you have been a military and a contract controller... Yet you speak of the FAA as if you have spent one day in the agency. You bag on Natca, yet it's natca that got me a higher wage, protected my rights and even went so far as to include article 46 in the contract which prohibits the FAA from closing my tower without a year notice. How's that contract tower gig working out? You seem jealous... People on this site aren't waiting for contract jobs... They are here because the FAA is thebig leagues.
Notice all the "ME" "MINE" "MY RIGHTS" "MY WAGE" "MY TOWER"

It's this selfish thinking that is dooming our country. You don't care how bankrupt we are as a state or nation as long as YOUR rights and YOUR outrageous pay and pension doesn't get touched. If it does, you kick and scream and strike and picket.

But you don't give a damn cuz you believe you will be retired free and clear by the time our kids and grand kids have to deal with this.

shaba169

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2010
Notice all the "ME" "MINE" "MY RIGHTS" "MY WAGE" "MY TOWER"

It's this selfish thinking that is dooming our country. You don't care how bankrupt we are as a state or nation as long as YOUR rights and YOUR outrageous pay and pension doesn't get touched. If it does, you kick and scream and strike and picket.

But you don't give a damn cuz you believe you will be retired free and clear by the time our kids and grand kids have to deal with this.
lol "outrageous pay"...... right here is the bitter and jealous coming back full swing.

What is a decent wage these days in your people's eyes? And who is aloud to make a decent wage besides "job creators".

shaba169

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2010
Most unions are indeed mandatory. And since I possess self-accountability for my own actions, I do not planning on needing representation.

There is a major disconnect if you honestly believe that unions do not donate to politicians. Why then do the politicians and PAC's fight soo desperately hard (and often violently) against Right-To_Work legislation? The answer is obvious. Because people do not want their money stolen from their check and donated by the MILLIONS to politicians that they do not necessarily support. This is why in states where Right-To-Work has passed, the unions almost entirely dissolve.

Your brother and sisterhood may seem strong while you're deducting people's money without their say, but people just want to be left the hell alone. You can argue this until you're blue in the face, but you know it, and I know it. I'm not saying all unions are the devil because they've accomplished great things throughout history. But at this point in time they are nearly useless and really only serve to bankrupt state's economies with their pension and entitlement strikes/demands.
Using union dues to make political contributions is against the law, at the very lest this is the case with public unions. End of story. MY union is not mandatory. Please look this shit up before you make comments like this.

ninetynine

Newcomer
Nov 25, 2008
Yeah and my cars faster than yours and I can run faster too. Seriously you guys sound like a bunch of pathetic school kids. Heres your kleenex......

AD50

Newcomer
Feb 15, 2009
Wisconsin
I've been on all 3 sides. 4 years USAF, 28 years FAA, 4 years FCT. I've worked at several facilities from ATC 8-12. My busiest/complex sessions have been at my current FCT. There are contract towers running 130k ops/year that are being cut. Get real. Not all, but a lot of FCT do more with less. It has been proven to be the best bang for the buck for the FAA...and you never hear "coming up on 2 hours here boss" in a FCT!!

GUYONABUFFALO

Epic Member
Oct 4, 2012
Minnesota
I am aware of that. I talked to a controller in MSP tower this morning and they know absolutely nothing about it. Maybe it is because their tower wont be considered for closure.

257WBY

Rookie
Aug 14, 2012
There is about fifty FAA facilities that are up for closing. ABQ center is on the list to close andd the sectors would be taken in by surrounding centers. MLU is up for closing.

JoshATC

Epic Member
Jun 27, 2010
ZLA CPC
Oceana, Pax River, Lemoore and Whidby Island just in the Navy Balad approach in afghanistan run by contractor there's quite a bit of busy facilities newbie.
I'm assuming Balad = Bagram. If this is the case I would agree Kabul/Bagram Approach is one busy mother :p:p:p:p:p:p:p facility ran by Midwest Contractors.

mikefsfr

Epic Member
May 31, 2010
Train Me.
I say the same stuff to the CTI people that come do tours and act like they know what they are talking about and they haven't even graduated their air traffic control course, shut the :p:p:p:p up and sit the :p:p:p:p down, grown ups are talking to airplanes.
You're so cool.

unable

Trusted Member
Jan 31, 2013
Over the Rainbow
I say the same stuff to the CTI people that come do tours and act like they know what they are talking about and they haven't even graduated their air traffic control course, shut the :p:p:p:p up and sit the :p:p:p:p down, grown ups are talking to airplanes.
I have never sat 5 minutes in a CTI classroom. I have spent some time in a place called Fallujah as an infantry Marine. I'm pretty sure I have done enough living and earned the title grown up.