Faa wrongful termination

ruvigr

Newcomer
May 12, 2010
Are there any ex contollers that feel they were wrongfully terminated? I was terminated wrongfully. The FAA accessed my medical information long before any releases were signed, claiming it did not matter and that I would have had to sign releases anyway. The MSPB judge said the same thing!

I think that is putting the cart before the horse!

If there are any of you out there, I would like to hear your story. Perhaps a class action suit to force the FAA to follow laws.

Thanks

mjh55404

Senior Analyst
Jul 3, 2009
OKC
He previously posted " I have 23 years as a controller and 16 years facility rated in a level 8".

I wonder what the issue was.

FL_CTI

Trusted Member
Oct 8, 2009
Colorado
What is the 3-year probation? I've been in 4 so I should be ok but this is the first I'm hearing of a 3-year probation period.

Isenthalpic

Trusted Member
Apr 15, 2015
Define "tenure" then. Don't recall ever being told I was tenured. Would like to understand more.
It's not an FAA-specific thing, just a general federal govt employee thing. No one will tell you. It will show on your SF-50. Basically the biggest benefit is lifetime reinstatement eligibility within the federal govt. It doesn't guarantee any job though, since you will still have to meet any job's minimum requirements.