Facility Placement and Start Date

accraft

Senior Analyst
Feb 20, 2011
Oxnard, CA
Texas is full of a lot of nice people, but that doesn't make it any less boring! Spent 23 years in Texas 2 hours from Amarillo. There is plenty of eating, shopping, and normal life activities, but mountains are about 6 hour drive into Colorado. Thats the biggest gripe I have with Texas is do anything outdoorsy other than fishing for Bass and Catfish you have to take a vacation. Every day life is fine though, not great but just fine.
I was stationed in Kingsville Texas for 3 years, down on the gulf by Corpus Christi. We at least had mustang Island to drink and camp on but other wise not much else to do but drink, fish or party at a friends house. Kingsville itself was small and people would dress up for Wal Mart to pick up girls, so most of us Navy guys would go to Corpus, 45 minutes away or sometimes even San Antonio 2.5 hours away.

Don't get me wrong, I have found a lot of fun in Texas, but when someone says "Texas is the best state" I change Texas in my mind to "Dallas, Houston, Austin and maybe San Antonio" because there isnt shit else in between.

lowapproach

Epic Member
Oct 29, 2010
WV
Wouldn't mind ZAB out of those
I thought the same thing at the time. Seven years after leaving, I still don't think that it's a great place to work; however, if you can check out at an ATC-10 center, it's usually not that difficult to check out at an ATC-12 center.

AMA's not a bad place to begin, though. An FAA CTO and radar experience in an inexpensive location where most developmentals will check out? If that's the worst that happens to you in your career, you're doing better than most.

ColdAilment

May 26, 2012
I was called yesterday. They said I can start as early as July 26 or as late as September 8. I chose September 8.

Phrogs Phorever

Newcomer
Jul 17, 2015
Survey receipt date: June 17th
Facility offered: PIT
What number you ranked it: 1 of 4
Start date you got: Sept 6th
Start date they wanted initially: July - Sept
Exp: 5 years MCAS Miramar

ATCWannabe12

Rookie
Feb 27, 2015
Just got a call from okc with a verbal firm offer. The only new information she gave me was starting salary and told me to expect the FOL this or next week. Thought that was strange, neatly have me a heart attack seeing okc calling again.

sierramike74

Rookie
Feb 12, 2014
Just got a call from okc with a verbal firm offer. The only new information she gave me was starting salary and told me to expect the FOL this or next week. Thought that was strange, neatly have me a heart attack seeing okc calling again.
Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ColdAilment

May 26, 2012
I only received my facility assignment and start date, no mention of an FOL or starting wages, I probably should have asked.

ATCWannabe12

Rookie
Feb 27, 2015
I only received my facility assignment an
d start date, no mention of an FOL or starting wages, I probably should have asked.
I got the first call last Wednesday telling me where I was going and start date, then today was just a verbal firm offer I guess.

jawbreaker22

Newcomer
Feb 24, 2015
I received a phone call last Wednesday with the facility and had to choose my start date. I haven't received any other phone call or a FOL.