Administrator
Staff member
Jun 11, 2008
Looking to view the maps?
Western Service Area
Central Service Area
Eastern Service Area

Looking to submit a swap request?
Due to the popularity of this thread, you now make all facility swap requests by following this link: Submit new facility swap request.
This will generate a request to our staff and we can place your requests on our maps. The maps will make it much easier for you to browse to find someone willing to do a swap.

The maps are only for CPCs in the FAA, not new hires or applicants looking for re-locations. Please limit requests to five facilities and/or two states.

Please allow a week for new requests to become active. Requests will remain active for twelve months, at which point you will need to submit a new request. Let us a know through the request form of any changes or if you'd like your request removed earlier.

We are starting this thread to see if there is enough interest in creating a dedicated section of the site to this topic.

This thread is for current CPCs in the FAA to make facility swap requests. Under the new NATCA/FAA contract, a CPC can make a mutual swap with another CPC. The only requirement is the two facilities have to be within three levels of each other. So a level 7 can swap with a 4,5,6,7,8,9,10. A level 10 can swap with a 7,8,9,10,11,12. As long as both controllers fit this criteria and want to change facilities, management should approve it.

You can do multiple way swaps that involve more than two controllers as well.

Again, this is for current CPCs in the FAA. This thread is not for applicants looking to get a re-direct to a different facility.

If you are interested in using this tool, please reply to this thread with your current facility name and if it is an up/down, tracon, or tower only, (also include facility code), facility level, and desired facilities you would like to transfer to.

for example:

Current Facility: Houston Hobby Tower (HOU) Level 8
Desired Facilitiy: Lexington Tower - LEX (level 7), Roanoke - ROA (level 7)

Last edited by a moderator:

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 11, 2008
Due to the popularity of this thread, you make now make all facility swap requests by following this link:

Facility Swap Requests

Please refrain from making new requests via this thread and instead use the above link. You may use this thread to thank the staff at StuckMic for putting this together for the community.

You can view all of the requests via our custom made map....if you would like to submit a new request, you may now do so at the top of the facility swap requests page. This will generate an email to our staff and we can place your requests on our map. This map will make it much easier for you to browse to find someone willing to do a swap.

This map is only for CPCs in the FAA, not new hires or applicants looking for re-locations.

We will also be adding this link to the top navigation on the homepage.

j_time41

Senior Analyst
Nov 17, 2008
Lakeville, MN
no. Duh.

Actually I may know of a guy who is trying to get there. I think its there. Ill let you know. Mike, do you qualify for a swap?

Jax

Senior Analyst
Nov 17, 2010
N90-EWR
this ever gonna be updated? Anyone at a level 10-12 wanna work at KSYR?
If you want to work at a level 12, just bid N90. You're already in NY, and we're always picking up people. We just picked up a few from upstate NY recently (3 from BUF, 1 from ALB).

DTUMELSON

Newcomer
Nov 11, 2013
ZME
Current facility: Memphis Center (ZME) level 12
Desired facility: Jacksonville Center (ZJX) level 11

want to get back near my family...

WhiskeyFox42

Aug 11, 2010
Anyone want to come to KFPR Fort Pierce, Florida I'm willing to go throughout the southeastern region. Tennessee and southeast from there

Muneco

Senior Analyst
Jan 13, 2009
Current facility: ZNY
Requested facility: JFK, LGA, TEB, ISP, EWR, FRG, basically nyc area.

ZJXATCer

Newcomer
Oct 10, 2009
FL
Where do you get the information that you are about to be upgraded to a level 12? I doubt very seriously the government will be doing any upgrading anytime soon with our current financial state. Not to mention traffic count isn't what it used to be.

Knmiami

Newcomer
Dec 1, 2012
Where do you get the information that you are about to be upgraded to a level 12? I doubt very seriously the government will be doing any upgrading anytime soon with our current financial state. Not to mention traffic count isn't what it used to be.
ZMA has been working level 12 traffic since 2004. They are the number 4 center for traffic count. And unlike most center there traffic has been on the way up. They will be level 12 sooner or later. The hold up is the back pay issue that is owned to all the controllers. They say the final arbitration should come in Feb over this issue. Not sure how much you keep up with centers but they just upgraded ZAB to level 11. If the arbitrator decides againist the faa I don't think they have a choose on what they have to do.