Fairbanks Intl ATCT/TRACON - FAI

DJay

Newcomer
Sep 21, 2008
Oklahoma City, OK
Hey does anyone have any info on this facility or the area? Is there anybody who works there currently or is slated to go there? Is there anyone that could give any info on the move up there or to an adjacent city/facility?

Rosstafari

Daaaang.
Aug 17, 2008
/X
Funny you posted that. It was because of that article I declined FAI.
Kind of a worst case scenario, looks like. All the same, glad we're going to the country club of Centers. I'm already signed up for the Muckleshoot slot club for after-work get togethers. Awww jea.

stingercj7

Newcomer
Dec 1, 2008
I recently talked to the natca rep on the phone. They have been working 6 day work weeks for a very long time. Sounded like the facililty was in total chaos. Approx. 500 tower ops and 550 radar ops a day. Hope this helps.

NextJen

Rookie
Jun 1, 2009
EUG
I'm headed for FAI. Just got my TOL. Ready for adventure! Think I will be stuck there FOREVER???

Jan 23, 2009
Iowa
Hey everyone...
I'm currently a developmental at KEVV (Evansville, IN ATCT/TRACON) and I'm throwing out my ERR bids to anywhere possible. FAI is one place I'm seriously considering. Does anyone have ANY knowledge of the facility as of this date? Anyone work there? Know anyone who works/worked there? Thanks in advance!

Radium

Epic Member
Jan 14, 2009
check my friends list for DJ4Life or something like that... hes an alaska guy... at JNO i think, but hes gonna put in on the bid I believe

Paciencia

Newcomer
May 20, 2010
So.. any updates on the Fairbanks tower? Pros and Cons? If you'd like to send me a private message, please do. Are you guys still working 6 days a week? Is there anything to do out there on your days off? do the people get along with each other? How do you handle the all night and all day with no sunlight... Does the facility provide UV lights to keep people from S.A.D. ?