February 10th 2014 ATC Bid

titanman2789

Jan 15, 2014
This says provide official transcripts WITH your application. Um if memory serves me right no job requires you to do that only the unofficial transcripts are required until you are selected.
Anyone know how to submit official transcripts with the application? Typically, you order the transcript from the school to be sent to the place that wants the official transcript. Do we just scan them in and attach them as pdf or jpeg with the application?

cdubya

Rookie
Jan 4, 2014
Anyone know how to submit official transcripts with the application? Typically, you order the transcript from the school to be sent to the place that wants the official transcript. Do we just scan them in and attach them as pdf or jpeg with the application?
I was wondering about this as well. I went ahead and had university's registrar's office send me an official copy while I also made sure I still have access to my online student profile for my unofficial transcript. While never having applied to a pubnat and based on the process being computerized, I suspect it will need to be scanned?

h4xit

Trusted Contributor
Dec 9, 2010
Last time you had to send official transcripts if you were accepted.

SB - I agree with you there, that they have the right to be angry. But there were a couple representatives that kept repeating the same points over and over again, asking the same question when the answer never changed, and appeared to try and change the minds of the FAA - which would never happen. I found most of the CTI admins asked good questions but there were a couple that were downright patronizing which, I thought, set a negative tone for the whole telecon.

Here is the link to the audio. Disclaimer: I did not upload this and am in no way responsible in the event that this recording should not have been posted. To my knowledge, it is publically available

https://soundcloud.com/daniel-bird-8/1-8-telcon-ccbc/s-Wmwuq

Ram_Tough

Trusted Contributor
Jul 5, 2010
I heard it a few days ago. I don't think that first guy was a school rep, I think he was an attorney.

scSkilLZ

Rookie
Jul 16, 2009
Wow, I'm glad to see some tough questions asked even if they weren't answered and/or dodged... this one hits hard.

Instructor - "What was the advantage of being a cti student in the hiring process?"

FAA - "I don't know that their was an advantage of being a cti student"

titanman2789

Jan 15, 2014
I was wondering about this as well. I went ahead and had university's registrar's office send me an official copy while I also made sure I still have access to my online student profile for my unofficial transcript. While never having applied to a pubnat and based on the process being computerized, I suspect it will need to be scanned?
I think I am planning on doing the same
It will be stated what to do in the announcement with transcripts.
Right, but there are time constraints and from what I have heard the announcement will only be open for 10 days. Not a lot of time to order a transcript and hope it shows up in the mail if you have to attach it with your application

dreweepoo

Jan 20, 2012

Right, but there are time constraints and from what I have heard the announcement will only be open for 10 days. Not a lot of time to order a transcript and hope it shows up in the mail if you have to attach it with your application
Exactly the reason why they would not require official transcripts at time of initial application.

Plaaaane

Trusted Member
Apr 27, 2012
Last time you had to send official transcripts if you were accepted.

SB - I agree with you there, that they have the right to be angry. But there were a couple representatives that kept repeating the same points over and over again, asking the same question when the answer never changed, and appeared to try and change the minds of the FAA - which would never happen. I found most of the CTI admins asked good questions but there were a couple that were downright patronizing which, I thought, set a negative tone for the whole telecon.

Here is the link to the audio. Disclaimer: I did not upload this and am in no way responsible in the event that this recording should not have been posted. To my knowledge, it is publically available

https://soundcloud.com/daniel-bird-8/1-8-telcon-ccbc/s-Wmwuq
Is it just me or does someone say "Bullshit!" the last second of the clip?

AF_Brando_21

Rookie
Jan 22, 2011
Stl

If you think about it, maybe they will put an address on there, submit them, you won't find out if you qualify until after they review your transcripts. Just guessing. I,know official only can come from the university themselves.....or maybe submit unofficial and prove it later with hr......no one knows hah

32andBelow

Senior Analyst
Jan 20, 2011
I'm pretty sure they would just take your word for it or unofficial until you are selected. Then they will get all required docs, if you can't produce you don't get an official offer. Pretty standard.