February 17 Academy Date

A

Ammolite

Re: 2/17

Well, I hope you are wrong, fortunately have friends in some high places. ;-) LOL But I think I can live with by March. Kathy Heat said the Jan 27th PEPC would be my best bet for me to have a Feb class date. I just hope she is right! I am going terminal, so maybe that will help.
...You'll be lucky if you get in by May.

A

Ammolite

K. I'll take your word for it. ;-) Cause ya'll are in charge of the hiring process, right?
There's no need to be snippy about it. I'm not saying that the information that's shared on this forum is end-all, because it isn't, but if you'd rather not trust what I've got to say, just look at the timelines of others who have undergone the process before you. You'll see my words are not without founding. I was actually being rather generous with my prognostications.

But I am inclined to believe what PEPC interviewers, HR people and people in Seattle relay to me.
HR told you that you can get a SECURITY CLEARANCE, an FOL, and a classdate in the two weeks after your PEPC? Can you be a lamb and give me your contact's phone number? I really need to be talking to them.

Have you thought this through? They wouldn't even have time to mail forms out, and receive them back and completed from your past employers in that amount of time, nevermind anything else.

patrick0685

Jun 27, 2008
NV
www.centpoker.com

i went to the July PECP in Mem and they said they were hoping for Jan, I know it was a couple of weeks b4 my security info was even mailed out, and I didnt have much stuff for them to mail, with only a couple of jobs and places lived...so good luck, thats all iv got to say

ChromeCowgirl37

Nov 23, 2008
Lancaster, CA

All I know is that I was told that there is a good possibility I could ship within for weeks of my PEPC. I am not saying I am guaranteed, but a very reliable source told me it was a good possibility. That's all. I understand this is mostly a waiting game. Like I said, I am trying to find out more, but I trust everyone else has gotten all the extra forms to fill out to speed things up, correct? The form for e-QIP and all that? Wouldn't it make sense for them to be using that sort of stuff ahead of time for people they are considering? I am not saying this is the gospel truth and I am trying to file all the possibilities. We are all hoping for this process to move as swiftly as possible, correct?

SRQ

Jul 25, 2008
Sarasota/Indianapolis

Good advice. I did the same. If you go to the PEPC with this form unpreparred, it will take forever to fill out, and you may not have all the information with you that is required. The more detail you have on the form the faster your clearance goes.

razor810

Rookie
Oct 14, 2008
it just speeds up the process at the pepc. You have to sign more papers when you get there so really nothing is done on their part until after the pepc with your security.

dublinmule

Newcomer
Sep 7, 2008
Hilliard, FL

Well, I hope you are wrong, fortunately have friends in some high places. ;-) LOL But I think I can live with by March. Kathy Heat said the Jan 27th PEPC would be my best bet for me to have a Feb class date. I just hope she is right! I am going terminal, so maybe that will help.
not to ruffle your feathers but I came from a controller community in Hilliard, Fl and had all kinds of people talking up the chain but it still it took from Aug 11th Chi PEPC till end of OCT before I finally got my firm offer. I hope you get what your after, I just think that your hoping for a miracle the FED GOV can't provide. Good luck anyways, maybe I'll see ya in OKC. I'll be there until end of May (hopefully)

SOCOM

Rookie
Nov 4, 2008
when you get to OKC you should tell everyone that you've got friends in high places in the FAA - they'll like you better.....

SOCOM

Rookie
Nov 4, 2008
Ha Ha No, Garth is Friends in Low Places, totally my song too!! LOL I know two of the instructors out there. . . is that good or bad? HAHA
doesn't matter. i think you should go around and tell everyone there, instructors, students, admin, that you know people. they'll become your friend very fast and will like you even more.