Federal Contract Tower List

Status
Not open for further replies.

noid

Curtis E. Carr
Jun 24, 2008
In a van down by the river.
Noticed a typo. CRG in Jacksonville, FL is on St. John's Bluff Rd.

Also, MCN in Macon, GA:

Middle Georgia Regional Airport (MCN)
Terminal Dr, Macon, GA
(478) 788-3760 ‎

Ocala, FL will soon be added to that list.
They haven't finished that yet? I know some people that were already talking about applying for there.

FL_CTI

Trusted Member
Oct 8, 2009
Colorado
Noticed a typo. CRG in Jacksonville, FL is on St. John's Bluff Rd.

Also, MCN in Macon, GA:

Middle Georgia Regional Airport (MCN)
Terminal Dr, Macon, GA
(478) 788-3760 ‎

They haven't finished that yet? I know some people that were already talking about applying for there.

According to Robinson Aviation's website, who was awarded the contract to operate the tower, there has been problems with the telecommunications system and the activation date has been delayed indefinitely.

RVA Robinson Aviation | Latest News

FL_CTI

Trusted Member
Oct 8, 2009
Colorado
Hey Roddy

I believe this list is only referring to the Federal Contract Tower program where the FAA awards ATC contracts to Robinson, Serco, Midwest, etc. for privately run air traffic control. I don't think this list includes city/ county run towers. If it is, then you can also add Bartow, FL to that list.

aztxok

Newcomer
Nov 12, 2009
DFW Metroplex
I just joined the site, so I thought I'd offer one correction to the Texas FCT list, since I work there.

KDTO (Denton,TX)
address: 5003 Airport Rd
p: (940) 566-2900
f: (940) 566-2908

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 11, 2008
It has all been updated. Thanks. Anymore corrections, post them here!

meadelz

Mar 10, 2009
Niagara Falls, NY KIAG is operated by Midwest...... RVA is listed as the contact.

Keep up the good work!!!!!

Rosstafari

Daaaang.
Aug 17, 2008
/X
If it's giving instructions planes in the NAS, it's under the purview of the federal government. A private entity can't just set up a tower and start ordering around planes (despite what you may've heard on UNICOM).

Bravejango

Oct 20, 2009
Mustang, OK
If it's giving instructions planes in the NAS, it's under the purview of the federal government. A private entity can't just set up a tower and start ordering around planes (despite what you may've heard on UNICOM).
they are still required to adhere to all federal rules and regulations just like every tower in the nation but as noid said there is zero government funding used to run the daily operations of the tower. it is not contracted out by the federal government it has become the responsibility of AATC to supply all controllers for the facility with their own funds.

foxecho

Newcomer
Jan 17, 2011
Thanks for the FCT list, but curious as to whether there is a list anywhere of NFCTs. Anyone know?

RVG86

Mar 19, 2012
This list is quite helpful but I am trying to figure out which company oversees each facility. (Serco, RVA, Midwest) Mainly so that if I am looking into a certain facility I know which company to apply to.

I.E. KLBE = Midwest

Anyone know where I could find such information?

NevadaTim

Newcomer
Nov 6, 2009
Update for Colorado.
Walker Field is now Grand Junction Regional Airport. The tower number has changed as well. 970-628-2000

Status
Not open for further replies.