FHU

LightGun

Newcomer
Jul 7, 2015
Anyone have any information on the announcement just posted/surrounding area/work environment? Any contact information for the hiring official? Thanks.

SPOONY90

Trusted Contributor
Jun 11, 2014
Never worked there but visited the area. Weather is cool and it rains. Its near mountains. I love the area. 4 vacancies.... Man FHU would be a sweet gig

SSgt Young

StuckMic Marine Corps Liaison
Jan 21, 2010
Arizona
I currently work here. Apply and see what happens. They are trying to make us an up/down facility and these slots are expected to go to current tower controllers. I shant give you the phone number for my boss but I will answer any questions you may have.

LightGun

Newcomer
Jul 7, 2015
So if they're trying to make it an up/down, would these spots be more likely to go to someone with a couple towers and a couple RADAR approach ratings?

SSgt Young

Jan 21, 2010
Arizona
I would say somone with multiple ratings would have a good shot. I'm sure several people out there have Greg's number. I just won't be the one that puts it out there. I know how annoying it is to try and get some work done only to have perspective applicants calling and trying to get in good. Especially somone that has difficulty staying focused as it is. Echo Mike, try searching 2152 in zip code 85650 and click federal employees only. It will be the only one that pops up.

SSgt Young

Jan 21, 2010
Arizona
Depends on if anyone leaves or not. They are hiring 8 off of this announcement. We have been authorized to go up to 125% manning but who knows whether or not they will be hiring then. An a different not, they are finally going to release the radar chief announcement soon as a 13.

Mike_Golf

Rookie
Mar 7, 2012
Depends on if anyone leaves or not. They are hiring 8 off of this announcement. We have been authorized to go up to 125% manning but who knows whether or not they will be hiring then. An a different not, they are finally going to release the radar chief announcement soon as a 13.
Are they REALLY gonna release that radar chief slot?? If so, I know the perfect candidate, he's already there and used to be (well, once, always, right) a devil dawg and SHOULD have his degree by now since all he did was school. He has a "black" name but he's a white guy (at least from the waist down)... you may know him?? :p Seriously, though, I'd come back there in a heartbeat if YOU were radar chief so I definitely expect you to be applying!!

Mike_Golf

Rookie
Mar 7, 2012
SSgt Young, who were you answering with this question????? I LMBAO when I realized you MAY be answering me :D :D :D

SSgt Young

Jan 21, 2010
Arizona
Yes MG I was answering you. You got that waist down thing backwards but i'll forgive you. I have no intentions of applying for the radar chief slot. According to KG the announcement should be out soon. You know how that goes though.

mikefsfr

Epic Member
May 31, 2010
Train Me.
300 ops a day and they are thinking of making you an up down lol, cmon man. They are cutting costs, not creating empty tracons

SSgt Young

Jan 21, 2010
Arizona
We have alot more than 300 ops a day. Also we are just a GCA not a tracon. The idea is to reduce manning and have everyone work up/down. Supposedly in the long run it will reduce costs.

SSgt Young

Jan 21, 2010
Arizona
HR just got the hire list on Friday. You won't likely get a call until weds or sometime next week.

Yard Bird

Rookie
Mar 7, 2015
Merica
How long does it generally take to either get a call back or denied after being referred?

Last edited: