Flight Service

shdo0801

Newcomer
Dec 7, 2011
Interviewed 5/12/15. Received a call yesterday at 4PM from my HR rep at LM and they offered me the position. The call was followed up with an official email from my HR rep. Little background about myself, private pilots license 2011, UND AT-CTI grad in 2014, and have worked safety for regional airline since graduation. Anybody else get a call yet? I haven't officially accepted the offer yet but plan on accepting. If anyone else has any additional information about the job itself things to keep in mind would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Ice_cold656

Epic Member
Jun 12, 2010
Bout to be out this B
Interviewed 5/12/15. Received a call yesterday at 4PM from my HR rep at LM and they offered me the position. The call was followed up with an official email from my HR rep. Little background about myself, private pilots license 2011, UND AT-CTI grad in 2014, and have worked safety for regional airline since graduation. Anybody else get a call yet? I haven't officially accepted the offer yet but plan on accepting. If anyone else has any additional information about the job itself things to keep in mind would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Congrats dickhead!

Ice_cold656

Epic Member
Jun 12, 2010
Bout to be out this B
Someone is salty.
No that was celebratory and happy use of the word "dickhead" that was me actually being sincerely pleased to see some one else's success in this business. And if you know the business well on the ATC side, you know that was a sincere and happy post! Promise I'm not salty at all. I think that that is awesome. Think like a military or controller sense of humor.

undsioux

Rookie
Jan 30, 2012
I interviewed and got an offer, Officially accepted it today and am working on the background check information.

ajmezz

Epic Member
Apr 8, 2010
I wonder what they're really looking for as far as candidates goes. A buddy of mine has a degree in aviation, 4+ years in a GA operations environment, CFI and dispatcher cert but was passed up. He was told the other day that they were looking to hire some more people in the near future and to keep an eye out. So heads up to everyone hoping to get it, possibly more chances soon.

muggsy

Rookie
Apr 15, 2015
Just a heads-up, as of now there's a flight service opening on the Lockheed site.

Edit: any other military vets out there have to complete a conflict of interest form? I'm just curious if this is a standard thing and not a spam email

muggsy

Rookie
Apr 15, 2015
What is the difference in a Class 3 medical and a Class 2?
Is it the same type of physical that pilots are required to have? (I come from the pilot side of aviation). If that's the case then a 2nd class medical is a little more in depth than a 3rd class and has to be renewed every 12 months whereas a 3rd class is good for about 3 yrs, depending on your age.

I've been out of the flying game for a while so there's a better than decent chance that my info is outdated and/or that's all different from the Class 3 and Class 2 medicals you're referring to.

Side note: is a medical required for flight service? I didn't see that as a requirement.