Flight Service

muggsy

Rookie
Apr 15, 2015
Guess I'll throw this out there: anybody get any movement on their apps for this? It's been about a month since I applied and nada on this end.

I'm assuming that until the background checks get back up and running that we probably won't hear for a while but I thought I'd ask anyway. Godspeed.

DanJLewis

Newcomer
Jan 14, 2014
I accepted the offer as well. I was wondering if any current employees have a breakdown of the 13 week training? any insight or topics covered in the 13 weeks would be cool to know just for future reference, thanks!

undsioux

Rookie
Jan 30, 2012
about to start week 4 of 13, we do 4 hours of flight service (pilot stuff, nav aids, airspace, how airplanes work,etc) and then 4 hours of weather each day. they walk you through it pretty well, you shouldnt have to brush up on anything if you have an aviation background.

Dec 22, 2013
Awesome thanks for the info! Shirley thanks for the support! If all the paperwork goes through smoothly we should be there in 2 months. Did you have any trouble finding a place to live? I currently live in Virginia so I'm going to take a couple road trips to find the right place. I've noticed that 1200-1300 for a one bedroom is average up there.