For Those That Didn't Pass the Biotest

ColtsATC

Trusted Contributor
Aug 27, 2008
This was just passed on from my previous NATCA president...

For those of you that have friends, family, or associates that did not pass the Biotest in the recent OPM open bid for Air Traffic Control, the following contact information was set up to answer applicants questions:

applicant should be referred to aviation.careers@faa.gov. They can also call Aviation Careers at 405-954-4657.

I'm not certain what the agency plans to accomplish with this, but my advise is for applicants to contact the phone number or send an email expressing continued interest in the job and ask for advise on how to improve chances to be offered an opportunity to take the AT-SAT.

Mar 5, 2014
I haven't called yet but I did send an email the day the results came back. I have not received a reply yet. I guess I'll try to call them but I'd bet I can guess what they are gonna say: that I'm SOL.

Purplelobj

Epic Member
Jan 29, 2014
This is the email that I received from my facility rep:

All,

For those of you that have friends, family, or associates that did not pass the Biotest in the recent OPM open bid for Air Traffic Control, the following contact information was set up to answer applicants questions:

applicant should be referred to aviation.careers@faa.gov. They can also call Aviation Careers at 405-954-4657.

I have not been given a heads up on what the Agency hopes to accomplish with this. My humble advise is for applicants to contact the phone number or send an email expressing continued interest in the job and ask for advise on how to improve chances to be offered the ATSAT. The Agency still needs about 4000 more people to be eligible to take the ATSAT in order to get to their hiring goals. Someone is going to have to be allowed to test, keep your names out there.

Bryan Zilonis
NATCA NGL RVP

Note the part that I put in bold and underlined for you. Don't give up quite yet....

cdubya

Rookie
Jan 4, 2014
If anyone calls, let us know what they say. I sent an email for written documentation purposes.

sevenup06

Rookie
Aug 28, 2009
Witchamom, HO
as of 1348 central time (1:48 for you civilians lol) I placed a call to the number given above. I spoke with a woman named Tasha (could have been different, I made this call outside) and I wasn't given very much information. However, I was told that the FAA and specifically the careers division IS aware that a lot of qualified controllers were discounted on the BQ, that they do foresee another bid being put out but she didn't know whether or not it will be soon, and she doesn't have much more information than that. I tried to get more information about another bid, and she may have known more than she let on, but she told me the most she could say for sure is "hiring will continue in order to meet the FAA's goals." She also said that those who took the AT-SAT in previous years should be familiar with some of the questions on the BQ. I couldn't verify that as I haven't taken it yet. I don't know if that helps anyone, but in case you were thinking of calling, you could use this info to arm yourself.

Dcalcoda

Newcomer
Aug 21, 2013
I called. They basically said to keep checking back for another bid. Aside from that she didn't know anything. I asked if it will be an OTS bid, she didn't know. I asked if they will use the BioQ again, she didn't know. All she said was to keep calling back or checking usajobs.gov for details. Another bid is in the works, y'all.

C

charliezuluatc

Told ya all. If the agency made a mistake, they will not admit it. They will continue to truck along as if nothing happen. They will either re run the query or release a new bid. I suspect this will occur after selections are made from the present list.

32andBelow

Senior Analyst
Jan 20, 2011
Told ya all. If the agency made a mistake, they will not admit it. They will continue to truck along as if nothing happen. They will either re run the query or release a new bid. I suspect this will occur after selections are made from the present list.
Unless they want to get their money's worth out of this round of AT SAT's

C

charliezuluatc

So you do not mis understand a selection is a person or persons who have been hired or placed in a job, not referring to someone who made it to the next portion.