Fort Campbell KY ATC

Truth

Jun 22, 2011
So, I received like 3 emails in the matter of 3 minutes today in regards to this job.

First one said, I do not have the experience/education to qualify for GS-12 and am no longer being considered for the position.

2nd and 3rd emails looked different but had the same bottom sentences, " We have completed the review of your application for this position. Your name has been certified to the selecting official for consideration; you will be contacted by that official if an interview is needed. When a final selection has been made, you will be notified."

So would you say I'm still in the running? of all the jobs I've applied for recently this is the one I am most interested in as it's close to my hometown.

Truth

Jun 22, 2011
P.S. I apologize if I sound like an idiot, I just separated in January and still learning the ropes to applying for Federal Jobs.

ATCchiver

Rookie
Mar 8, 2014
'Murica
On USAjobs, log in and click on "application status" on the left. If the job says "referred" on the right hand side, then you're still being considered. If it says "not referred", then it's a no-go.

GulfCharlie

Epic Member
Sep 1, 2011
If anyone has an inside track on a 2154 at Fort Campbell I will name my first born son after you.

NovemberEcho

Epic Member
Dec 8, 2010
Long Island
goddammit, i drove 14 hours each way to visit there and met with a bunch of people and thought i was in but not referred today. guess the chief didn't consult with the supes.

Truth

Jun 22, 2011
Well, it appears I was referred after initially being rejected, so not sure if I even have a shot. I'm from Louisville, KY originally, so this would be a nice location for me.

GC - This was a 2152 bid, not 2154.

GulfCharlie

Epic Member
Sep 1, 2011
Well, it appears I was referred after initially being rejected, so not sure if I even have a shot. I'm from Louisville, KY originally, so this would be a nice location for me.

GC - This was a 2152 bid, not 2154.
terminal right?

Truth

Jun 22, 2011
Up/down but based on application seems they wanted a radar guy, radar is what most of my experience is in.

NovemberEcho

Epic Member
Dec 8, 2010
Long Island
I'm all radar experience as well. I really gotta figure out how to answer these apps better because I keep getting passed up. Hell, for the Ft. Belvoire bid somebody with NO ATC experience got referred and I didn't. How the hell does that work? I'm starting to turn bitter and cynical.

meanjoe

Trusted Member
Apr 23, 2011
This may seem trivial, but make sure your resume reads like the announcement. If you're using unfamiliar acronyms it won't work. If the announcement is looking for acronyms and you're spelling shit out line and letter then you won't get through. Spell shit out and try and figure out army acronyms. If they're looking for a control tower operator i'd put both cto and control tower operator in there somewhere. These things are scanned by machine and/or a non air traffic bean counter to determine who gets referred.

Truth

Jun 22, 2011
I didnt get referred for Ft. Belvoire either and willing to bet I was last one that made cut for this opening since I got emails saying I wasn't and was referred.

I'm all radar experience as well. I really gotta figure out how to answer these apps better because I keep getting passed up. Hell, for the Ft. Belvoire bid somebody with NO ATC experience got referred and I didn't. How the hell does that work? I'm starting to turn bitter and cynical.

NovemberEcho

Epic Member
Dec 8, 2010
Long Island
Well you were technically applying as both GS11 or GS12, depending on your skill set. I got 2 rejection notices but if you look at them you'll see one is for GS11 and one is for GS12.

Truth

Jun 22, 2011
I got a rejection letter, followed by 2 refereed letters... Hence my initial confusion.

lewiswp67

Newcomer
Apr 17, 2014
Be careful with Ft Campbell. I work there now. The ATC Chief is ex-PATCO and hates military people. If you get a job here, the area is great. Close to Nashville and the town is nice. The working enviroment it toxic. But the pay is good. I am trying to get back to the Navy on the East Coast and wish you all the luck in the world. If you don't know someone who works here you are wasting your time. Good ole boy network something bad here. Call the Airfileld Commander and you would have better luck than with the ATC Chief. Good luck, it is a 12 position.

MDWST07

Rookie
Jul 17, 2013
I know this thread is 3 years old, but I tried to get this job a last month when they put the bid out. Had the same issues, not referred. Any new info on this place? I'd love to work there

Uin2it

Rookie
Mar 20, 2009
MSgt USAF, DualQual
I made it to the interview process on that announcement last month.
found out yesterday that another candidate was selected. However, they did encourage me to apply for future announcements.
I too have this down as my top locations...

Mike_Golf

Rookie
Mar 7, 2012
goddammit, i drove 14 hours each way to visit there and met with a bunch of people and thought i was in but not referred today. guess the chief didn't consult with the supes.
Don't quote me but if you got a "not referred" then it had nothing to do with facility. That usually means something was afoul with your app and it never even made it to ATM''s desk.