Ft Rucker

NovemberEcho

Epic Member
Dec 8, 2010
Long Island
Yall at Rucker, what are you're operating initials? And I apologize in advance for you guys having to deal with some of our trainees, I know it must make the ears bleed. And give Craig a horse bite for me.

nhstadt

Epic Member
Mar 24, 2011
south "Murica
I worked at tabernacle stagefield down there before I deployed... Ya I dunno if I would wanna work in that little place for too long.

flybyfive

Jul 23, 2011
Are all the stagefields contract now? When I was there they said they'd be replacing soldiers with all civs..

FoggyWindow

Trusted Contributor
Feb 18, 2011
Los Santos Intl Airport
They're are trying their damndest to make it as hard as possible for the enlisted controllers to get a CTO. These towers were pretty much the only way. Making them DOD is going to make it damn near impossible.

meanjoe

Trusted Member
Apr 23, 2011
The Army is really shooting themselves in the foot. They removed soldiers from being "fixed base" about 10 yrs ago. Now those who joined within that period rarely get real experience. They'll soon be the ones making the decisions AND training the next batch of air traffic controllers.

NovemberEcho

Epic Member
Dec 8, 2010
Long Island
Before you know it AF enlisted ATCers will get be stationed on Army air fields to man their towers and rapcons. Poor bastards. At least the AF gives you more money if you have to live with the Army as compensation.