Getting Out of the Air Force

chkwheelsdwn

Jun 8, 2009
Osan AFB, Korea
So I know a couple if guys who are wanting to get out of the airforce. The thing is they are both A1Cs and have only been in a couple years. I get out in 2 months but I'm not sure of any of the programs that are available for someone who has only been in a couple years. Thanks

echor

Rookie
Jan 26, 2012
Tell them they made a commitment to serve..and remind them of their core values!

AF_Brando_21

Rookie
Jan 22, 2011
Stl
A1c's inATC are not eligible. The only way they get out this year is if the get tossed out during the retention board

ROMEOMONEY

Rookie
Dec 12, 2013
Is there even retention boards for A1C's? I thought that it stopped at SrA but I could be wrong. But to answer the initial question, tell those A1C's to suck it up. They havn't even had a chance to experience the AF yet and they want to get out? But technically if they are female, a pregnancy always works...

AF_Brando_21

Rookie
Jan 22, 2011
Stl
I don't know, but I think if they are under a UIF, drank and drove or something, lost a stripe, bla bla they could get it? I just know they can't volunteer to separate.

OscarPapa

Newcomer
Feb 4, 2014
I just applied for VSP, waiting on AFPC now... But I'm ssgt between 6-10 yrs... Af offers early out and will pay me almost 40k, threaten me with a good time...

Papa_Lima

Newcomer
Sep 3, 2012
Anyone can apply to voluntary separate through the vMPF(self-service actions, separations, apply for separation). They would not be applying under the "In-lue of meeting the retention board" like the SrA and SSgts that were selected for the retention boards. They would instead have to select one of the 10 or so reasons listed for voluntary separation and meet what ever requirements they list there. I doubt they would get approved if they don't have a good reason, but it can't hurt to try.

AF_Brando_21

Rookie
Jan 22, 2011
Stl
A1cs are not eligible in air traffic, neither are techs, masters, etc. they would be wasting time. Not for palace chase and most of the other ones unless it was a case of single parent, hardship. It can hurt to try if your really not sure but want I to try bc the effect it has on their supervisors. If you,did,research and studied every document on myPers, then you I would know what qualifies, who is eligible and what is possible.

NovemberEcho

Epic Member
Dec 8, 2010
Long Island
Not to be rude but did you have a stroke while writing this? I'm flabbergasted that you can be in the Air Force but can barely structure a sentence...

:)
you think way to highly of the Air Force. I once got yelled at by my entire crew for using "big" words in the morning brief. The word which confused everyone was "antiquated". I also once got called into the chiefs office because I told my supervisor that something was "asinine". I then had to explain to her what asinine meant. She told the Chief that I called her retarded.

flybyfive

Jul 23, 2011
you think way to highly of the Air Force. I once got yelled at by my entire crew for using "big" words in the morning brief. The word which confused everyone was "antiquated". I also once got called into the chiefs office because I told my supervisor that something was "asinine". I then had to explain to her what asinine meant. She told the Chief that I called her retarded.
Good ol military. Getting mad over nothing

AF_Brando_21

Rookie
Jan 22, 2011
Stl
If only she had a thesaurus with her....