Grading at the Academy

JE13017

Newcomer
Aug 3, 2018
I've seen a few posts on people explaining their experience at the academy and I've also seen some percentages on what everything is worth but I'm a little confused. Is it as soon as you hit 70% for the course you pass no matter what? I've seen some people say they already passed by the 2nd evaluation and the 3rd one didn't even matter. Just confused on how the grading works. TIA!

colandoj

Jun 2, 2014
The academy is made up of 100 points. there are 34 points available leading up to evals. that includes map test, a/c performance test, 2 written tests, computer input test, and non radar. (i was enroute so im not sure how it differs for tower). so then radar evals are 66 points. three evals 22 points each. get as many points as you can leading up to evals as it will make your overall average needed to pass on your evals lower. Do not give up the easy points. map test, a/c performance, and computer entry test you should ace. the written tests I will admit can be more daunting since there is more material to cover. If I remember, I got 95% on my two written tests, but still just do your best on those. Overall, study hard and enjoy yourself at least 1 day on the weekends. take a day off and let your brain rest. When is your class date?

JE13017

Newcomer
Aug 3, 2018
Thanks for the info! Have not gotten one yet but I'm hoping to get picked up from the bid that just closed.

Skykid91

Rookie
Jun 1, 2018
The academy is made up of 100 points. there are 34 points available leading up to evals. that includes map test, a/c performance test, 2 written tests, computer input test, and non radar. (i was enroute so im not sure how it differs for tower). so then radar evals are 66 points. three evals 22 points each. get as many points as you can leading up to evals as it will make your overall average needed to pass on your evals lower. Do not give up the easy points. map test, a/c performance, and computer entry test you should ace. the written tests I will admit can be more daunting since there is more material to cover. If I remember, I got 95% on my two written tests, but still just do your best on those. Overall, study hard and enjoy yourself at least 1 day on the weekends. take a day off and let your brain rest. When is your class date?
Is the Control Tower Operators Exam part of that?