Grand Forks

AlphaBravoh

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
For those vets that need work, and want to control... this just opened up today. Literally in the middle of nowhere, but pay is decent... and Minneapolis is 4 hours away, and Winnipeg is 2 1/2 hours to the north. Not my cup of tea, but neither is Gillette :p

Link

Hal9000

Newcomer
Nov 18, 2013
Climbed a mtn; didn't come down.
For those vets that need work, and want to control... this just opened up today. Literally in the middle of nowhere, but pay is decent... and Minneapolis is 4 hours away, and Winnipeg is 2 1/2 hours to the north. Not my cup of tea, but neither is Gillette :p

Link

Hey, you have the Bighorn mountains nearby.

But seriously, sucky place doesn't mean it's the last place you'll ever move. You're a gentleman for the heads up.

Ozelot

Rookie
Jun 15, 2008

Link
You'd be surprised how much traffic they work for being in the middle of nowhere. But its going to be -70 windchill up there ya know this weekend

atcbrownie

Trusted Contributor
Jun 14, 2008
Warrenton Va
I had a blast while working in the rapcon. The people were great. I wouldn't hesitate to bid the job if I was working at a lower level facility but I am making level 12 pay right now and am only 2 hours from home. You can and will get your but kicked working approach. On several occasions I had more than thirty aircraft on my freq at once.

AlphaBravoh

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
I had a blast while working in the rapcon. The people were great. I wouldn't hesitate to bid the job if I was working at a lower level facility but I am making level 12 pay right now and am only 2 hours from home. You can and will get your but kicked working approach. On several occasions I had more than thirty aircraft on my freq at once.
Some great info, I didn't know too much about the facility. Just wanted to bring it to everyone's attention. I know some people are hurting for work while waiting for the FAA to pull their heads out of their ass.

Ozelot

Rookie
Jun 15, 2008
Fun times eh brownie? Man that seems like for ever ago when we were assigned there.

House

Nov 13, 2009
GEG
Nope. Got out 2 years ago last September. Had my TOL for the last 2 years, and waiting for the new class dates. Been lovin it though. Being back in Cali is a dream come true.

jcampos

Newcomer
Jun 3, 2013
I liked working at grand forks! The radar and town are nice! Would go back in a heartbeat. I recognize a few of my former coworkers on here :)

moose

Rookie
Nov 28, 2009
hey fellas! i figured i'd see if there was a thread about this so-called ATC position where i work that none of us knew existed until today. the sad fact is it's not an ATC job, it's a UAS airspace position. this new hire will never work traffic, hold facility ratings, and might only set foot in the RAPCON for a meet and greet. it's BS that it's listed as a GS-12 2152!

nhstadt

Epic Member
Mar 24, 2011
south "Murica
Isn't that one of the places the FAA is doing all the new UAS testing around? I'm sure its related to that if that's the case.