Green Check? Post Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

pineapples

Newcomer
May 13, 2015
So sorry you got screwed over by this bullcrap, newby. It's truly heartbreaking to be denied something you know you can do, by a stupid uncaring government. A few in your boat have turned to Flight Dispatch, maybe something you'd be interested in?

Bravo Delta

Trusted Member
Mar 25, 2015
North Carolina
Yeah the phone takers said today they no longer have access to the system to check if your resume has been reviewed. Also said to keep a look out for a email in the near future. Not very helpful.

Isenthalpic

Trusted Member
Apr 15, 2015
That probably means either they're finally fed up with everyone calling in about it, or they're moving on to the next part - scheduling AT-SAT dates.

newby

Newcomer
Jan 26, 2012
washington
So sorry you got screwed over by this bullcrap, newby. It's truly heartbreaking to be denied something you know you can do, by a stupid uncaring government. A few in your boat have turned to Flight Dispatch, maybe something you'd be interested in?

Ya, I'm already doing something (not aviation related) but it pays the bills. I'm not as happy as I would be controlling aircraft but not a damn thing I can do about it now. Also applying like crazy to Boeing as they are in the area.

joshuaclinton

Rookie
Mar 1, 2014
That probably means either they're finally fed up with everyone calling in about it, or they're moving on to the next part - scheduling AT-SAT dates.
Probably the former. I hear that they're now allowing applicants to file an appeal if they went from green to red, post-BioQ results.

Isenthalpic

Trusted Member
Apr 15, 2015
I hear that they're now allowing applicants to file an appeal if they went from green to red, post-BioQ results.
I hope not. Unless it's because of the BioQ, it seems that people in the manual review that got red ! marks because of something objective, not subjective (left out required info on app, didn't meet experience requirement, etc).

It sounds like it's just going to divert resources and cause the process to take longer when they have enough applicants already.

karen51301

Newcomer
Mar 1, 2014
From Facebook CTI

Update to the latest (ahem) "process..." See below. Please do not CALL Ms. Grossman. Follow the directions or (if you have any chance at all) they will NOT help you.
Applicants to the recent Air Traffic Controller vacancy announcement may request an explanation of their rating by calling the Aviation Careers Branch at 405-954-4657.
If further explanation is required, then the applicant should put his/her request in writing, indicating why he/she believes the original decision was not proper, what factors were not considered, and any other pertinent information which will support the request and enable the reviewing official to reevaluate the original decision. Additional material cannot be added to the application package at this point that will change the determination from “not qualified” to “qualified”. This written request for reconsideration must be submitted via email to cathy.grossman@faa.gov and jojo.williams@faa.gov within 15 days of the applicant's receipt of the initial rating decision.

Jeronamoe

Oct 14, 2011
So From the Facebook Post, it says "Additional material cannot be added to the application package at this point that will change the determination from “not qualified” to “qualified”.

But then it also says "
If further explanation is required, then the applicant should put his/her request in writing, indicating why he/she believes the original decision was not proper, what factors were not considered, and any other pertinent information which will support the request and enable the reviewing official to reevaluate the original decision. "

This sounds contradictory - if additional material can not be added to reverse the decision of "Not qualified", then why would any supporting document be accepted to "reevaluate the original decision? This is just wasting time for those who followed directions the frist time.

VikAnis

Trusted Member
Apr 23, 2013
N. Cali
So From the Facebook Post, it says "Additional material cannot be added to the application package at this point that will change the determination from “not qualified” to “qualified”.

But then it also says "
If further explanation is required, then the applicant should put his/her request in writing, indicating why he/she believes the original decision was not proper, what factors were not considered, and any other pertinent information which will support the request and enable the reviewing official to reevaluate the original decision. "

This sounds contradictory - if additional material can not be added to reverse the decision of "Not qualified", then why would any supporting document be accepted to "reevaluate the original decision? This is just wasting time for those who followed directions the frist time.
It is referring to an applicant's request in writing NOT additional attachments or documents that you would like them to consider and that were not considered previously. "...any other pertinent information which will support the request and enable the reviewing official to reevaluate the original decision," is referring to your explanation for your request. Perhaps the official missed something or did not properly evaluate your resumes, transcripts, etc. It has happened, which is why they are allowing people to submit a request for reevaluation (i.e. someone took courses at different colleges in the same district and not all units were counted).

Jeronamoe

Oct 14, 2011
It is referring to an applicant's request in writing NOT additional attachments or documents that you would like them to consider and that were not considered previously. "...any other pertinent information which will support the request and enable the reviewing official to reevaluate the original decision," is referring to your explanation for your request. Perhaps the official missed something or did not properly evaluate your resumes, transcripts, etc. It has happened, which is why they are allowing people to submit a request for reevaluation (i.e. someone took courses at different colleges in the same district and not all units were counted).
I understand. So basically for example, leaving out the amount of hours worked per week or forgetting to submit your school transcript will not be up for reconsideration?

Macharena

Nov 21, 2013
If multiple transcripts were added and they counted only one transcript's credits. This happened to someone in my school and he was able to have it successfully changed back to a green check. I don't know the guy but seems like a simple mistake was made and they were able to get it resolved.

rogersjf

Trusted Contributor
Mar 11, 2009
New Jersey
Gonna add fuel to someones fire on this one, washed out of enroute by .3 4 years back, was picked up on a CTI bid, while waiting for my FOL I got picked up on Pubnat 8 also. However had to waive that one due to the fact I would lose my spot at OKC on the CTI bid. 4 years later used the same application from Pubnat 8 and updated work experience, got green check mark still with reviewed status. . . . .

Plaaaane

Trusted Member
Apr 27, 2012
Gonna add fuel to someones fire on this one, washed out of enroute by .3 4 years back, was picked up on a CTI bid, while waiting for my FOL I got picked up on Pubnat 8 also. However had to waive that one due to the fact I would lose my spot at OKC on the CTI bid. 4 years later used the same application from Pubnat 8 and updated work experience, got green check mark still with reviewed status. . . . .
Reviewed????

Status
Not open for further replies.